10

Shadow's P.O.V.
We took him to a hospital and we took Rosy to G.U.N. where she passed away as soon as she got there. We were not scolded by the Commander, he was actually glad she died. We were now currently waiting for any news about Sonic.

When we got there, he was dead but Rouge and I refused to believe so. We told the doctors there was something they could do and they did. I have no idea how but he was alive but he wasn't in a stable condition. They immediately took him to emergencies, which was 8 hours ago. We still have not heard a single word about what was going on.

I looked around and the more I did, the more insane I got about all of this. How could I let this happen?

My leg was shaking uncontrollably from how nervous and worried I was. I did not even bother to hide it from Rouge. Chaos, I had grown to like him. I actually saw him as a friend now and now I regret all of this.

How could I have done this to him? All I ever did was hurt him all his life, I kept punching him, kicking him, chaos, I even used a chaos spear to try to kill him a few times.

The more I waited, the more I thought about everything I ever did to him. Even before the mission, I was an idiot. I nearly choked him to death, and the only reason why I never went through to kill him was that I knew Rouge would kill me. She was the only one always holding me back on actually going through with it, if she hadn't stopped me, I would have made the worst decision in my entire life.

I waited and waited, Rouge was pacing around the waiting area as more and more people kept coming in the hospital. We still had not told any of his friends about what had happened. We knew we couldn't yet since we still didn't know anything about his condition.

I saw families walk in, I saw couples, I saw wives coming in, they all had a reason to be here. They all cared for the person that was in the hospital, they were all in the same position as I was, I cared about him. It took me too long to notice it, but I care about Sonic. I was an idiot, I did not see this sooner. I never gave him the chance for us to sit down and talk, I still cannot believe that I had to actually 'meet' him this way.

I couldn't think straight, I couldn't. All I kept thinking was of when I checked for his pulse and he was dead. He was dead in my arms and Rouge saw me about to break down. That is all my mind was in right now. The thought of losing him killed me, the thought of never seeing him again was destroying me, making me go insane. I couldn't stop blaming myself, I couldn't stop blaming myself for everything I made him go through.

I should have given him a chance long ago. We would not be here right now if I had. We would be at our houses or with everyone else but we would not be waiting in the hospital waiting room to see if he survived or not.

I was trying my hardest not to break down. I was not sure why this hurt me so much, I didn't get attached. I told myself I wouldn't. I didn't! I could not go through this again. Not again. I can't lose him too. Please, Chaos, not him.

Why does it hurt so much?

I have seen him bruised, I have seen him hospitalized before, I have seen him nearly die before too. Why does it hurt so much now?

After all, we weren't really friends, we were nothing. I told him that after the mission everything would go back to normal.

Why can't that happen? Why can't we just go back to normal?

This has to be a dream. This has to be a nightmare. This cannot be happening. This is a lie.

This is a lie.

Chaos! Please tell me THIS IS A LIE!

I can't lose him Maria...

Please help me...