CHAPTER 21: VOWS THAT BIND US

Ava Knight

It took me sometime but eventually I recalled her. She was Daisy. Long time back, she came to enjoy farm life with her parents and unfortunately, they booked a room in our hotel. We both played together and became really good friends in just few days but then everything messed up in a fire.

He looked so sad and it hurt to see him like that but I couldn't do anything to take that pain away except for the words and food. I know how it feels to lose your loved ones. I exhaled heavily and made my way to the kitchen. I decided to prepare his favourite spaghetti bolognese, soon joined by Laura.

At Night

"You're a great cook. Where did you learn it from ?" Zach questioned.

"Thank you, my mom and then mother Kathy taught me cooking."

"They did a fine job, then." He smiled making my own lips twitch up into a smile. He yawned as he laid down and patted the space next to him looking up at me.

"Let me take my pills, today."

"No, you don't need them." He stated firmly.

"I know, but it will take time. I can't stop taking them at once and also I am very tired. I want a peaceful sleep."

He thought for a moment, then spoke, "Alright .. Take it for now and rest."

"Thank you for helping me." He smiled. After taking my pills, I laid down next to him.

Minutes later, I drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

___________

Zach Knight

She laid down and in just few minutes she was soundly asleep. Soon sleep took over me as well.

However, I woke up every now and then to check up on her. She was sleeping peacefully without any care in the world. It really helps her but I can't let her get depended on it.

Next morning, she was again cheerful, smiling and humming a song.

"Good morning."

"Good morning." She smiled widely at me.

"You're looking... "

"Fresh ?"

"Yeah."

"Sleep is important." She stated nonchalantly.

"Indeed."

"So what's for breakfast ? I can still taste the dinner in my mouth." I joked.

"What...didn't you brush properly ?" She asked shocked.

"Nope, ever saw a lion brush ?" I asked, a smirk etched across my face.

"No, but never have I ever seen a lion eating banana pancakes with honey on top." She countered, with a hint of mischief in her voice. Anyways, she got me here.

"Alright, I am not a lion. I quit." I said and tried to grab my plate. Keyword : tried. She slid it away.

"What ?" I asked.

"Brush your teeth first." She was trying hard to suppress her laugh.

"You know I was joking. So give it to me...now."

"No I don't know that but I know you're lying just to get it." She was trying hard to be serious but her lips were trying harder to betray her. She looked in a playful mood and who am I not to like it.

"I am not lying. You can smell my mouth." I muttered earning a melodious chuckle from her.

"I trust you. I was just messing around." She said in between her laughs and passed me the plate with my coffee.

"you trust me ?" I asked looking at her. All playfulness vanished within seconds, and gravity surrounded us. She looked up at me. Our eyes met.

"You didn't leave me alone after knowing about my problems instead you are helping me. So, I guess, I can trust you. right ?"

"Yes, yes you can." She smiled at me and so did I. She sat down on the seat opposite to me and we began to eat our breakfast, which by the way tastes heaven.

________

Was their conversation cute ?
Rate it on th scale of 10.