Calor

~I'm caught up when you look at me, you let my heart breathe with ease. Chasing stars in our galaxy, making our own make-believe. I want you when the sun goes low, your body warmth wants me close. You say you're always by my side 'til my blood runs dry~ GLADES.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Drive' by GLADES.

°°

Rainey

I spoke with Riley's mom, requesting that she stays with me at Crossview for a while until everything dies down. Freetown is not safe for her and although Ron Moretto said that he will be back after a month I still cannot trust him nor Kendra.

Alex loads Riley's bag into the backseat of his car then we jump in. He turns his radio on but does not blast the volume as we begin our journey out of the hospital grounds.

I gaze out the window at the towering buildings. The wind is cool and brisk, and the yellow yolk of the sun drips its rays throughout the car. My thoughts are currently occupied with the discussion I had with Ron Moretto.

What did he mean by Ansel being the scariest of them all?

I still have not gotten the chance to talk to Ansel about the words that drug lord uttered yesterday; they are still fresh in my mind, roaming around in my thoughts. It seems he is familiar with Lea and I cannot help but wonder what went down between her and Ansel. Why did he and Alex say that she had betrayed him and how is she acquainted with Ron Moretto? There are just too many questions; I feel like I am stuck in a maze just thinking about them.

My eyes travel to Ansel through the side mirror as he nibbles his lower lip. He is staring out the window of the front seat and as if sensing my gaze his eyes shift to mine in an instant. I look away, shoving my hands in the pockets of my hoodie as I gaze at the passing trees. His eyes do odd things to my stomach. There is no way someone with such captivating orbs would be 'scary' as Ron Moretto said. Yes, he did mercilessly slice a man's abdomen but to be honest he deserved it. I cannot judge him when I cracked a girl's skull open myself.

It is not the opportune time, but I find myself blushing at the memory of us lying in bed the other night. The look we shared was deep. His eyes were like a whole new world with different dimensions; I could get lost in them and never have the desire to find my way out.

Just one last look at his eyes. One last.

Thinking that he has probably stopped looking, I steal a glance at him but swiftly turn my face away as I realize he is still staring at me.

Shoot.

He smiles softly to himself before glancing at Alex. "Is Alaric home?"

"Yeah, he and the twins. Mom and Dad are at Grandma's for the weekend."

"Oh my God, turn the volume up!" Riley jolts to the edge of her seat. "I love this song!"

Alex glances at her in amusement. "Birthday Sex?"

She shrugs. "Yeah, what? I like the rhythm."

He folds his lips, his dimples popping in his cheeks while she squints her eyes at him. "What?"

"Nothing...nothing at all." He grins openly then raises the volume as the single Birthday Sex by Jeremih booms through the car. This is indeed one of Riley's favorite songs even though she has never engaged in such acts. She likes the rhythm and the flow of it. Seeing her bobbing her head and attempting to dance set my soul at ease. My spirit brightens at the fact that she is back to normal. Though she has a small wound on her forehead it is not noticeable and can easily be hidden with her dark hair.