old ways

"I'm really thankful you're helping me out Y/N", Dahyun said behind me as I open my flat door. She was the 2nd year medic who had transferred to the hospital, she was Dr. Kim's cousin.

"It's no problem really, if you can't understand some of my notes don't hesitate to message me", I held onto the door allowing her to enter the flat. Laughing and voices suddenly filled the place, "I'm sorry, I didn't know there were people over today". I walked in front of her and we entered the living room, seeing bags and coats messily placed on the sofa. 

"Looks like you guys are having a party", Dahyun chuckled as she saw how much mess there was. 

"My room is down that corridor on the right. Do you want a drink before we start?". The latter nodded and she walked towards my room, disappearing into the corridor.

I made my way to the kitchen and saw that the whole gang was here. Great!  As soon as I entered the room, everyone's eyes were on me, I guess they didn't hear us enter. "What's up guys", I looked around and saw a familiar face glaring at me. 

Fuck.  

I calmly waked to the fridge and opening it getting 2 bottle of apple juice. Just quickly run out of here Y/N, 1, 2- and as I shut the fridge door Sana was right next to me. 

"Sana, hey", I awkwardly smiled at the girl in front of me. 

"Is one of them for me?", she looked at the two bottles that I was holding and moved her eyes back to me. 

Dear God, help me.

"Uh-I, I-um", before I can say anything, the kitchen door widely opens and reveals Dahyun standing there. 

"You were taking too long so I thought I'd help you", Dahyun spoke as she entered the kitchen. "Didn't know you guys were having a get together". 

"Why don't you introduce us to her Y/N", Sana suddenly asked, her arms folded and a glare that could kill. 

I moved to Dahyun side, my hands on her shoulders and pushing her slightly forward. "Guys this is Dahyun, one of the 2nd years I'm mentoring in the hospital. Dahyun these are my friends; Jeongyeon, Nayeon, Jihyo, Momo and last but not least Sana", I pointed to each and everyone of them ending with Sana, who wore a fake smile. 

"Nice to meet you all", Dahyun bowed to show some respect. 

"Why don't you go get acquainted with everyone and I'll be back in 10 minutes", I smiled at the girl and pushed her to Jihyo's direction. 

I quickly walked out of the kitchen but I knew Sana was following me and as soon as I got to my room and put my jacket in my wardrobe, Sana had already closed the door.  

"So, 3 weeks of just ignoring my calls and texts? Not even a single word from you", her hands balling up and knuckles turning white from clenching her fist too hard. "Do you think I'm some sort of toy you can play with?", she waited for me to answer but I couldn't open my mouth. "I have feelings Y/N. I don't deserve to feel like this", she continued taking small steps towards me. 

"Look Sa-", she cut me off by surprisingly tackling me into hug.

"Don't you care about me", at this point the girl in front of me was quietly sobbing in my arms. "I can't believe I actually thought you cared for me and that you actually liked me", she slowly released herself from my arms and took a step back. 

"You know I care about you Sana, you're my friend". 

"Friend? That's all I am to you?", her eyebrows raised whilst she glared at me confused.

Suddenly my bedroom door opened and enters a small girl running towards me and tackling me into a hug. 

"Gw-Gwen! What are you doing here?", I picked the small latter up and held her close. 

"Mummy and Daddy said we can come and visit you", she spoke up as she pinched my cheeks. 

"Mum and Dad are here?", I panicked as I left the room and rushed towards the living room. And there they were, talking to my friends. 

Once my own mother had seen me she happily jogged over to me as I put Gwen down so that she can hug me. "Oh my other baby!", she tightly hugs me. 

"Mum, what are you doing here? You weren't suppose to be here till next week?", I exclaimed embarrassed at how my mother called me. 

"Well, you're Dad was able to get 3 weeks off the hospital and we thought we'd come and visit early", she took my hand and led me to where the others were sat. "Now, introduce your mother to your friends". 

"Mum, you already know Jeongyeon and Jihyo", I pointed to the two. 

"Ah yes I remember these two. I also got you something for taking care of my big baby", could this get anymore worst?

"Anyways Mum, these are Nayeon, Momo and Dahyun. Guys this is my mother and this is Gwen my younger sister", Gwen shyly waves at the other which only made Nayeon melt with her cuteness. 

"What about the girl over there", my mother pointed behind me and which I turned seeing Sana standing in the hallway. 

"Uh-uhm". 

"Sana, Mrs Lee. A friend of Y/N's", a fake smile on her face as she walks towards us and tries to shake my Mum's hand. 

"Oh don't be silly dear, no need for handshakes", surprising Sana in hug and which the latter reciprocated. 

"Mum where is Dad exactly?". As I said that, my Dad walks through the front door with bags of food in his hand along with Chaeyoung behind him. 

"Got the goods", he smiles widely as he walks through the kitchen and I take the bags from Chaeyoung. 

"Go and sit with the others, I got this", Chaeyoung nodded and made her way to where Gwen was being interrogated by Nayeon and Jihyo. 

I hurriedly closed the door and walked to my Dad who was busy taking the food out of the plastic bags. 

"Dad, I have a problem", he only hummed as he moved to the kitchen islands and opening a cupboard. "Girl problem". He stopped and looked back at me. "I-I don't know what to do, please". 

"Wow, okay straight with the problems. Not even a 'Hi Dad, I've missed you so much' ", I rolled my eyes at the older man. "What did you do this time?", he leaned on the kitchen counter with his arms folded. 

"So, there's this girl that's out there that I might have led on and she confessed to me just a few minutes ago". 

"Right and what's the problem with that", he interrupted. 

"I might have ignored her for like 3 weeks", he walks towards me and flicks me in the forehead. "Ow, what the fuck was that for?".

"For being dumb. What did I tell you about leading girls on huh?", he went back to look through the cupboards and finally taking out a few plates putting them onto the table. "I thought you were over this phase?". 

"I am!", I shouted quietly. "I did actually start to like her but then she kinda started talking about me falling in love with her and it kinda messed my head up, which is why I ignored her", I explained to him. 

"Look, I can't help you out with this. Why don't you actually give the girl a chance, you might even like her even more", he shrugged his shoulders and made his way to the door and opening it leaving me by myself. 

Maybe I should?