𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼.

𝕘𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕠𝕨𝕟 - 𝕜𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕖 𝕨𝕖𝕤𝕥

☺︎︎

"fuck shit, you good?" fuckshit called out to stevie, who had fallen hard for about the 20th time since they had arrived at the parking lot where they were skating.

jeslyn laughed quietly to herself at fuckshit. she thought it was funny how he said that so much, given that it's his nickname because of it too.

ray had introduced jeslyn to the group of boys, so she finally knew their names. she thought it was odd how some had nicknames and others didn't, but she also thought it was cool. she never had a friend group as close as theirs was, but she wouldn't go as far as saying or even hoping that they were going to be her friends. she wasn't even quite sure why they decided to hang out with her, but she obviously didn't question it.

jeslyn sat on her new board, rolling back and fourth on the concrete slowly. the boys skated around the parking lot, doing tricks she could only dream of getting down.

she watched stevie, the youngest in the group and according to ruben, the newest member. to jeslyn, it seemed like ruben had a problem with making new friends. he had a cold shoulder toward both stevie and jeslyn.

stevie skated around with the boys as well, but he was clearly new and didn't know how to ride very well yet. jeslyn admired his dedication. she could tell that he loved skating just as much as jeslyn did, even though they both weren't skilled skateboarders yet.

"so, you're barbie now." ruben said to jeslyn, taking a seat on his board right next to her.

jeslyn was surprised that he decided to talk to her.

"i guess so." she answered ruben, wondering why he was asking her in the first place.

"that's a weird nickname." ruben told jeslyn, standing up and skating away from her once again.

jeslyn didn't say anything back to him. she figured he must be jealous, but she didn't see a reason why he would be. especially of her.

"that fucker said something to you huh?" fuckshit said to jeslyn, replacing where ruben had sat just a moment before.

jeslyn just nodded slowly, not wanting to cause any drama between the close knit friend group. she didn't even know why she was here with them, if she was being honest.

"don't pay attention to him. he gets like that sometimes, i don't know why." fuckshit said, than took a drink out of his water jug that he had brought with him.

"it's okay." jeslyn shrugged.

fuckshit looked at the girl, wondering how she wasn't dying because of the heat. jeslyn had on cargo pants, an extra large t-shirt, and a beanie. although it was nighttime, the california summer weather was nothing to play with.

"how you not hot as fuck right now?" fuckshit said to jeslyn, laughing.

jeslyn just shrugged again, "i dunno'. i always dress like this so i'm used to it." she answered.

"so you don't wear like shorts or some other shit when it's hot out?" fuckshit asked jeslyn, genuinely surprised.

he was sure he'd ever met a girl like her, she was so much more chill than any girl he had hung out with before. she wasn't trying to impress him in any way, and he liked it.

"i mean, i guess. not really." jeslyn said, wondering what fuckshit would say next. she didn't want him to think she was weird, like most people did.

"that's dope. it's different." fuckshit answered, and he meant it.

he didn't think jeslyn was weird at all, definitely shy and quiet, but not weird.

jeslyn let out a sigh of relief, at least he didn't seem like he thought she was weird. she was used to boys never talking to her, and the ones that did just treated her like one of the boys. she didn't necessarily mind it, but she wondered what it was like for a boy to actually like her.

"so you gonna' skate or what? lets go." fuckshit told jeslyn, standing up and holding his hand out for hers.

fuckshit felt his stomach jump as jeslyn nervously placed her hand in his. he shook it off, though. well, he tried. but as the pretty girl and him began to skate next to eachother, he allowed his mind to wander.

he didnt ever let himself like like girls. yeah, he thought they were cute, pretty..but he didn't ever get to know them. he didn't just chill with girls without anything happening. his friends all knew it too. they were just as confused as jeslyn was as to why she was hanging out with them.

but fuckshit just saw something in her, and it almost scared him, for reasons he didn't yet realize.

the group skated for about an hour or two in the heat, streetlights lighting up the empty parking lot.

stevie fell often. fuckshit flirted with jeslyn in the most low key way he could. ruben stayed to himself, clearly annoyed. ray helped stevie. fourth grade recorded. and jeslyn observed.

☺︎︎