Coronavirus (Full Chapter)

Metal against metal sounded, accompanied with quiet rush of water. The squeaky sound of a sponge sounded as it was rubbed against chopsticks and a spoon. Although these noises filled the desolate room, it didn't compare to the liveliness it would've had if a certain band was here.

"Stupid Corona." I breathed out. I placed the newly cleaned dishes and utensils into the drying rack and wiped my hands dry on a towel nearby. "Life's been getting really boring since it hit."

I sighed a little dramatically, and moved towards the couch. I flopped down on my back, and grunted upon impact. I reached for my phone in my pocket. Looking up onto the black screen, my finger clicked the power button.

"Maybe I'll text B/f/n..." I muttered as I entered my passcode. I scrolled through Instagram and found nothing of interest. I rolled over onto my stomach and found myself on Snapchat.

I went through everyone's stories and found a couple of them went out to a cafe, and others were binge watching K-Dramas. I saw one of my friends was spending time with their significant other.

"They should be married already! They're literally perfect for each other!" I exclaimed while flipping through the story. Eventually, I reached the end of all the stories. I returned to the home screen of my phone, but found that no app would cure my boredom.

"Let's call B/f/n then." I said as I dialled my best friend's number. The phone rang for awhile, but no answer.

"Hey, you reached B/f/n. If I didn't pick up, I'm either at work, or I don't like you." Her voicemail rang out. I sighed and wondered what to do now. I don't have a job anymore due to Covid.

"Yikes, did my life really revolve around BTS and then coming here every week? I mean this is the second time in a row. There'll probably be more due to Corona..." I dropped my phone onto the couch and my head. I groaned into the couch and laid like that for awhile. "Ughhhhh."

After debating for awhile, I decided to go back onto Instagram. I clicked the familiar airplane icon in the top right and clicked the most recent conversation. I began to scroll up through the digital words. I laughed upon rereading the conversations I had with the Bangtan boys. This continued for awhile before my phone started ringing.

"B/f/n?" I read aloud. I clicked the green button and was met with B/f/n's voice.

"Girl, why'd you call?" The pinkette asked. I shrugged and replied.

"Bored."

"Understandable, but you know that I have a job that has me working around the clock."

"Actually, I didn't. We didn't really talk much back in Horizons. You dashed off somewhere for 'work'."

"My job isn't anything important!" She exclaimed. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

"For it to be working you to the bone WHILE there's a worldwide pandemic, it doesn't seem to be nothing." I started questioning what job B/f/n could have. It couldn't be something simple like a convenience store like myself, however, what else is still open? I suppose stay homes like authors, journalists, and all that kind of stuff.

"Look, it's nothing special. Anyways, I just got out of work so how about we head out to Horizons for some boba?"

"Think they're still open? A lot of big companies are shutting down. Horizons is a small family owned business!" I asked now realizing the state of my favourite cafe. I also just wanted to dodge going out as I haven't done laundry in awhile. It's not my fault that I never needed to.

"That's true... But what's also true is that fact that you probably don't want to go out because you have no clean clothes." B/f/n stated bluntly. I opened my mouth in shock.