10 | concentric circles

NEIL HAD ALWAYS BEEN CONTENTED even before Presley decided to enter his life. Although it wasn't as colorful as it was right now, he was fine, at least he thought he was. No doubt this semester had turned his life upside down entirely, as cliché as it sounds.

     As the boys sat in the cave, another Dead Poets Society meeting, they tried to smoke pipe, although Pitts was failing terribly as he coughs out the smoke, eliciting laughs from his friends. "That a boy, Pittsie." Meeks comments, smoking his pipe like an expert.

     "Inhale, deep breath." Charlie has another smirk on his face when he takes action to elaborate his advice, holding the pipe in his hands. As you can see, the boys were huddled inside the cave smoking pipes, enjoying the fine afternoon.

     "My dad collects pipes."

     "Really?"

     "He must have 30."

     "Your parents collect pipes?" Pitts mocks. "Oh that's really interesting!" He exclaims, earning laughs from the boys.

     "Come on, Knox. Join in!" Charlie exclaims, trying to get Knox to join them. But the boy had been buried deep inside his thoughts ever since they arrived in the cave. He couldn't seem to focus as his thoughts keep going to the girl he's madly infatuated with.

     "Yeah, Knox, we're from the government." Cameron chips in, his obnoxious voice filling the cave. "We're here to help." His joke had failed miserably though when no one paid attention to him and ignored him.

     "What's wrong?"

     "Its Chris."

     "Its Chris."

     "Here's a picture of Chris for you."

     Upon noticing Knox's down look, they all burst out into a chorus as they realized the boy was sad because of Chris. To be honest, Knox was such a hopeless romantic, he was so whipped for her but fate is just oh so cruel.

     "Put that in your pipe and smoke it."

     "That's not funny."

     "Knock it off," Cameron says, "Smoke your pipes." Leave it to the obnoxious ginger being a buzzkill. Just then Neil enters the cave carrying some sort of lamp. He had just come back from practices, and was quite giddy, as always.

     "Neil."

     "Friends, scholars, Welton men." The boy replies upon arrival.

     "Where's Presley? Did you bring her?" The boys had agreed Neil be the one to persuade Presley to join them in their meetings again, since they assumed he was the one closer to her.

     Surely enough, the girl was trailing behind him. "No, he practically dragged me here." She says sardonically, earning acknowledgements from the boys as they beamed at her.

     "Presley!"

     "You finally decided to join!"

     "Perfect timing, Elvis, our friend here needs girl advice." Charlie announces, earning a glare from the girl upon hearing the nickname. Presley and Neil settle themselves on the rocks and faced the others, who had no idea how much Neil had to be so annoying to persuade Presley to join them.

     "What is that, Neil?" Meeks asks out of curiosity.

     "Duh, its a lamp, Meeks." Pitts retorts sardonically.