Archaeologist Life

***** Here is another chapter of Diamonds, please comment and vote. Thank you so much for the support. Girl in the picture is Kate*****

I kept feeling a warm sensation on my fingers, my face, and my body. I moved around, feeling so comfortable. Opening my eyes, I realized I was in my warm sweet and comfortable bed, so I closed my eyes again and inhaled the fresh air trying to fall back asleep. 

"WAKE UP!!" A loud scream said, throwing me off the bed. "Ouch!!" I winced in pain, Looking up, I see my 'sweet' best friend Emma, laughing her ass off like usually while I groaned in pain from the fall.

"What the hell Emma!!" I shouted in frustration getting up slowly. This girl was going to drive me insane one day "Can't you not do that again?" I asked rubbing my eyes. 

"Sorry!" She said covering a chuckled "I just thought it will be funny, besides we can't be late for work" I rolled my eyes at her 

"And remember today we have to go early, since they found new stuff that they want us to analyse and bring to the museum" Emma said with wide eyes and a giant smiled. 

"I know!"  I yawned and sat down on the bed. 

We were archaeologist working for the city museum with my aunt. She managed to get me and my friend a job after we graduated from the university. We traveled to so many places exploring and discovering artifacts for the museum. We saved my aunt a lot of time, since she was so busy doing tours and helping people in the museum. She couldn't travel anymore, so that job was for us and we loved it. It was awesome traveling all over the world with my best friend and doing what we loved. Not everyone gets to live like that. I was a lucky girl.

"But you can also wake me up in a nicer way," I said glaring.  Emma shook her head "But that will not be funny!"

 I got up groaning and walked to my bathroom to pick my clothes for the day. I pick a pair of blue jeans, and a white shirt with a leather jacket. It was already 8:30 AM. 

"You have an hour, so get ready because we have to go" Emma said walking to the kitchen. Emma always spent the night in my apartment because it was closer to the museum. She had her own apartment, but she will only go on her days off. A lot of her stuff were in my drawers and she practically was living with me. Sometimes, I wanted to kick her out, but I actually loved having her with me.

"I'm going to shower and get ready. Can you make breakfast?" I asked while walking to the bathroom.

"Yes!!" Emma shouted from the kitchen "I'll make something good" 

 I turned the shower on and went to brush my teeth. After I was done, I took a nice warm shower, got ready, and walked to the kitchen. Emma prepared eggs with bacon,pancakes and coffee. They looked delicious.

"This looks great Emma, Thanks!" I said taking the syrup and dumping it all over the plate.

"No problem," She blew a kiss " you will do the breakfast tomorrow anyways" Emma said with a smirk. 

"I will" I said stuffing my face with pancakes.

"Where do you think we will go this time?" Emma asked taking a sip from her coffee.

"I would love to go to Egypt, you know I love that country with a passion" 

"Same, but I want to go to Peru or Guatemala, I'm super excited" Emma said putting syrup on her pancakes.

"If you really think about it, any country would be awesome" I said

"Totally true!" She took a bite of her pancake "Every country had people living in it at some point in time"