1: Lexi

Lexi

[Chapter 1: Lexi]

"Oh my god! LEXI! What have you done to your hair!" my friend Grace exclaimed, standing beside her hot pink 2010 Honda Jazz.

"Nothing much happened to it, it's just dyed." I said, rolling my eyes.

Is there any big deal having your natural dirty blonde hair dyed in black?

I waited at our doorstep as my sister, Emery, locked the door to our medium sized, cedar-sided two-storey house; which has a glass-cornered living room that's covered by a plain white semi-transparent curtain that mom bought last week to prevent outsiders in peeking the interior.

"Here" Ems handed me our house keys, I took it and tried placing it in my pocket, "Urgh, this jeans sure is tight." So I placed it secured in my bag's tiniest pocket.

We walked down to Grace's Honda, and I got in the passenger seat while Emery sat in the backseat not bothering to say a word or two.

Today is the first day of senior year, I asked Grace to give us a lift because our car was unluckily in the midst of dying. Yeah you read that right. What would you expect to a secondhand-abused Honda civic which was used almost a decade now?!

We drove down the street, and I saw Mrs. Hopkins getting off her pickup with two plastic bags from target. It might be her ingredients for the day; since she owns a bakery that's two blocks from our house.

She has the best crinkles and cream puffs ever! I bet I have to drop by after school for some red velvet crinkles for Ems and Liam.

My cousin, Liam, will arrive this afternoon from New York to live with us for his freshmen year. Well most probably, even until his senior year.

"By the way, Carter is asking about you," Grace finally broke the silence.

"Why can't you just try and go out with him? He's a great guy, Lexi. And he IS our friend; which somehow gives him a big point advantage, you know?" She continued as we stopped for a red light.

"I already told you ─ I. am. not. Interested.",

"I know he's a friend but, Grace," I exhaled before continuing, "he will always be one." I'm starting to feel fumed;

I never liked to talk about Carter. He was such a great friend before but because he's pressuring me to take a big step and date him, things started to change; and so as things, people change.

I stared at the rearview mirror feeling annoyed by the topic; as I stared blankly, my very eager friend called out to my younger sister "Whatever. Emery, tell your sister to loosen up, guys are ignoring her cause of those freaking hard-to-get play she always sets."

"I can't do anything about it."

As usual, Emery is ─ a girl-with-few-word.

I, Alexis Morgan, am way more friendly and people-oriented than Emery, who is mostly talking to the same individuals in school every year. Don't get me wrong, my sister is quite famous and eye-catching as I am though she is not into socializing and parties.

"My dear friend Lexi, you are hopeless." Grace maneuvered getting ready to park her baby.

"Am not. I just don't like to look for my prince. He will find me and I will know who he is when I see him." I uttered defending myself.

"Whatever makes a princess sleeps at night then. We're here."

Wow, I didn't even notice we've already arrived in school.