TWELVE

warning: i wrote this at 4am, and that's why it doesn't make sense.

[ i r i s p o v ]

"So what do you want me to do about that?" I asked him. Maybe it wasn't the best choice of words, but it was midnight and I was tired.

Rafe just scoffed and tried to walk away from the conversation. Yeah, maybe I said something wrong. "Wait, wait. No. I was just kidding." I went after him and grabbed his hand to get him to face him. He looked me in the eyes. His deep blue eyes. Looked right at me.

"See this is why I called you a bitch the other night." I laughed at his response. Yeah, I knew I was a bitch. But that had nothing to do why he got kicked out of his own home.

"Okay, wait. Do you need to go anywhere? Because I'll take you."

Sooner or later, I drove him where he told me to go. And then I found ourselves in an unknown but rather weirdly familiar place. Like I've definitely been here before, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

When I got out of the car, Rafe took me around to the back, where I saw a figured sitting on the floor. The man seemed oddly familiar. His hair, his shape, everything was so familiar to me. And that's when it hit me like bus. Barry.

Yeah, I used to work with Barry at the Pawn Shop. But I just stopped working because I had no intentions of wanting to work there anymore. So really, me and Barry didn't really have a long history together.

"Barry?" I called out to him when I was sure I made out his face correctly. I saw Rafe give me a confused look when I said his name but I contributed to walk closer to the old co-worker of mine.

But suddenly, in the right light, he looked all beat up and exhausted. My eyes widened at the sight. "Holy shit, what happened to you?"

"Stratford?" Barry looked up at me.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Did I miss something here? How do you guys know each other?" Rafe chimed in, all confused and completely ignoring my question. I'm assuming he did not know about my past with Barry.

"Yeah, Stratford, here, used to work at the Pawn Shop." Barry said, casually.

"The pawn shop?" I could tell Rafe was holding in a laugh. I saw him slightly smiled. And it made me smile because I haven't seen him smile in what felt like a decade. "You worked at Barry's pawn shop?"

"Yeah. Go ahead. Laugh at me. I was at my worst at the time, so I didn't really know what I was doing." I told him. Yeah, it was embarrassing to work at a pawn shop. But who am I to talk about that story. "Okay, anyways. Before Barry brought up our history together, I would like to know what happened to him."

"Oh right. This." Barry gestured towards himself. "Country Club's wackass dad did this."

"Holy shit." I let out. I looked at Rafe and saw his face fall. "Your dad is a prick." It obviously looked like he didn't want to be reminded of what he did to him.

But then another question popped into my head. I wanted and needed to ask him privately, -/ I didn't want Barry to hear my question. I grabbed Rafe's hand and dragged him back around Barry's house to where my car was parked.

"How do you Barry?" I looked at him, eagerly wanting an answer and a explanation that made sense.

"What do you mean?" I couldn't believe he was pulling this 'what do you mean' non-sense on me right now. I just couldn't believe him. I want buying it. "When you were off at college, he was just a person I ran into and became friends." He looked around and shrugged. He avoided eye contact with me.

"Oh, you two are friends? So I'm assuming you know about his criminal actions?" I asked. Yeah. I knew about Barry's business and how he sold drugs, mostly cocaine, to people and that's how he's making his money.

"What are you talking about? I-" I cut Rafe off.

"Bullshit, Rafe."

"Fine. You want my truth? My dad kicked me out because I spent all the backup generator money on my stupid bike and I tried to make up the money again with coke, okay? I sold it to my friends."

'My friends?' I couldn't believe my ears. No, actually I could because it's Rafe Cameron for crying out loud.

My eyes widened at the though of it. And that's when a realization hit me again. Oh my god. Riley. I failed as an older sister.

"I don't want you around Riley anymore. Please. If he ever come near again, leave him alone. If I ever hear or see you two interacting with each other again, I can just tell the county police about your business with Barry. You hear me?"

I didn't wait to see or hear a response from him. Rafe Cameron was a dangerous being that I didn't want to come into contact with again.

But I guess it all made sense in the end. After all the large deposits of money out of me and my brother's shared bank account? Geez, it all went towards coke-loving Rafe Cameron.

a/n:
i actually hate this story
and that's why i'm going to
write a new rafe fic.

but i'm still so grateful for
the crazy amount of reads.
luv u guys

and i'm still continuing this to
get it over with and apparently
a lot of u guys like it sooooo