Chapter Four

When Kai walked in class on Monday morning he was surprisses to see Arthur and Noelle already there and happily chatting away. He approached them and sat next to Arthur.

"Hey man." Arthur said and moved his hand towards Kai to do their handshake.

"Hey. Hi Noelle." He greeted them and Noelle waved at him with a smile. After the teacher did attendance and gave some unimportant announcements they were free to talk until the bell rang.

"I have to tell you guys something!" Noelle exclaimed with a bright smile and they both looked at her curiously.

"What is it?" Arthur asked.

"I met a guy! And we're going on a date Saturday!" She said and both boys were stunned.

Kai was surprised because he knew she was in love with Arthur but he guessed she decided to move on so he was happy for her.

"I'm happy for you Noelle. I hope it works out." He genuinely said and Noelle beamed at him.

They both glanced at Arthur who was awfully quiet and noticed his stiff form.

"Where did you meet him?" He asked quietly.

"I met him at the grocery store. He helped me carry my stuff and then he bought me coffee and asked for my number." She answered.

"What if he's dangerous? You don't even know him!" Arthur suddenly shouted and people looked at them while Noelle glared.

"I'm not stupid. I would know if he's dangerous he told me he goes to Ridge High and I saw his school ID when he opened his wallet to pay for coffee. He seemed like a really nice guy who treats girls they way they deserve to be treated." She muttered the last part in anger which was clearly directed at Arthur.

"What's his name?" Arthur asked ignoring her jab at him.

"Leon" she said and both boys eyes widened.

"You can't date him!" Arthur exclaimed and Kai silently agreed.

"Why not?" Noelle asked completely confused when Kai nodded to what Arthur had said.

"He's a douchebag! He almost got me kicked out of the soccer team because of a stupid fight he started for no reason and he's the captain of the soccer team of Ridge High. You know our rivalry with them!" Arthur exclaimed.

"That doesn't concern me." Noelle said with a dismissive shrug and Kai's eyes widened is shock while a flash of hurt passed through Arthur's eyes and just at that moment the bell rang.

Arthur grabbed his bag and roughly got out of his seat and left the classroom.

"Why would you say that?" Kai asked Noelle as they walked out of class.

"He did the same exact thing last week. He "dated" a girl I hated. I don't have anything to do with his feud with Leon." She replied and Kai sighed.

"Look Arthur broke things off with the girl. He wasn't serious about her and the rivalry he has with Leon is far deeper than your problem with the girl." Kai answered knowing that the only reason she hated the girl was because she made them get a bad grade on an assignment and blamed it on Noelle.

"Look I'll talk to Arthur about it. I'm going now." She said and left while Kai shook his in exasperation and left to go to math class.

He entered the class and sat next to Nicolas who was scribbling on his notebook.

"Hey." Kai smiled and Nicolas closed his notebook to give his full attention to the boy next to him.

"Good morning." He gave a small smile back to him before asking him how his morning went. Kai went on to explain the new arised problem between Arthur and Noelle while Nicolas intently listened.