Chapter Three ~ Surprising Claims

"Whoa!" exclaimed Reika as she slowly drove up the dirt driveway towards their families home.

"Who's the hunk talking to dad?" She asked as she briefly looked over to her sister.

"I don't know, no one ever comes to visit us. Could it be a relative?" Tala asked.

Both women looked at the attractive guy who was currently standing on their porch talking with Rick. Tala suddenly felt her heart begin to race.

"Oh gods, I seriously hope not." Reika giggled in embarrassment.

"Just keep your eyes on the road." Tala laughed.

As their truck crept closer to the house, Tala could feel something inside her stirring. A cold tingling sensation was spreading through her veins, throughout her limbs and all over her body.

The closer they got, the more intense the feelings became. Spreading to her heart and making it pump faster and stronger. Tala couldn't take her eyes off the mysterious newcomer.

"Hi, let me help you with those." Luke offered running over to Reika who had taken on more grocery bags than she could handle.

"Thank you, mister . . . ?"

"Girls this is Luke, his mother and father are dear friends of the family. He and his friends will be staying with us for a few days. So be polite and from now on, stay away from the barn." Rick instructed them but looked mainly at Tala.

She was always in there inventing new gadgets and surprising her dad and family with them.

The presence of Luke behind Tala was giving her goosebumps as they made their way into the kitchen. She was too nervous to turn around and instead headed straight to the refrigerator.

"Luke, this is my youngest Reika and this is my middle daughter Tala." Reika shyly waves before putting the spices away in the cupboard.

Tala was taking the groceries out of the paper bags and began putting them into the fridge. Reluctantly stopping for a moment to say hello to the attractive stranger.

"Hi, it's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled softly and extended her hand gracefully to shake his.

Luke takes it and instantly feels tingles and heat erupt through his whole body. He hesitates for a brief moment.

"The pleasure is mine miss." He replies, quickly regaining his composure.

Kneeling his head down to kiss her hand. He looks up to see her beautiful amber brown eyes looking at him with curiosity. They were almost hypnotizing to him. They could both instantly feel it, the want, the need, the chemistry radiating between them.

Suddenly Lycus, Luke's inner wolf, began whimpering. Crying out in sadness.

'What's wrong?' He mentally asked him but his wolf was becoming too loud and obnoxious. The noise was making it hard for him to control himself. Lycus is never this loud, what's going on? He thought to himself. 

"I apologize but will you all excuse me for a moment?" Luke asked them with a charming smile that showed the hint of dimples before rushing outside and towards the barn.
He was in desperate need of some fresh air.

Barley a moment after he walked away, Tala was doubled over in pain with one hand holding her stomach. While the other one was holding onto the kitchen island to balance herself.

"What's going on, what's wrong?" Rick asked his daughter after she started groaning. Worry tugging at his heart.

"I don't know, something doesn't feel right. It feels like my insides are being torn apart." Tala groaned.