EXTRA: Late Night Discussion

Y/N took a step out to the balcony, leaning against the rails. She had a reminiscent look on her face as she stared out into the sky, which seemed particularly clearer that night. The moon shone brighter than ever and many stars were visible. There wasn't too much wind, but the cold stillness of the early hours gave the whole experience a refreshing feel.

Saiki couldn't sleep either. He was wide awake, having forgotten to bring his ring. A lot of other students were still up too- hence thoughts being too disruptive for his liking. He heard his roommate stepping out of the room, and the cold air hitting as the balcony slides were opened.

The pink-haired psychic took his blankets off and stepped off the bed with a sigh before following the girl; knocking on the slid doors beforehand.

"Oh, Saiki. Did I wake you up?"

Saiki shook his head, following her out and Y/N stepped aside to make a bit more room for the opposing character. "You're not tired either, then?"

"No."

Y/N hummed, twiddling her fingers. "I feel bad, joining in on school right before they have a trip. It feels a bit like I'm mooching or something."

Kusuo sighed, "Good grief. She seems to think quite lowly of herself."

"Nobody's thinking that about you," Saiki replied. His voice was less husky now as he'd gotten used to talking aloud- Besides, he seems to be more talkative around Y/N...

"How would you know?" she jabbed, giggling. "Can you read minds or something?"

He smiled, ever so slightly. "If only you knew."

"Well, it's just... I feel like I'm out of touch with reality sometimes. It's been lonely the last few years and now that I'm back in school properly, I don't know how to act anymore."

Saiki merely nodded as a response, staring out into the sky with his rigid form.

"Hey, Saiki, why did you want to room with me so much?"

He shrugged, not looking at her.

Y/N glanced at him. "You don't talk much, huh." She then gawked for a split second, recounting her words. "Not a bad thing, of course! You're pretty cool. I like being around you."

She shifted her direction to him, her back leaning against the rails. "Saiki... Can I think of you as a friend?"