💢Chapter 9💢

Chapter 9

Efe walked with Dara with his head bowed in shame as the incidence at the restaurant played in his head.  "Would you stop doing that?" She asked, "Doing what?"

"Being uncomfortable around me"

"I'm dying of shame here. I thought I had enough cash in my account. I was shocked when the POS declined my card" he lied and she gave a sweet smile, "It's okay. It happens to the best of us" Dara assumed then she laughed over it when she recalled experiencing something similar in University.

"There was this time in the University when I experienced something similar to this. It's normal and I totally understand" she answered and he moved closer to her placing his palm on her cheeks.

"Where have you been all my life? You're the most caring person I've ever met in this life. Just when I thought the world was beyond saving, you just popped up to change my orientation."

Dara chuckled, "I'm glad I did" she replied and he moved his lips close to hers planting a kiss against it and she kissed him back. She pulled back a bit then she looked around.

"We're kissing in public. I really don't like it, I'm a gospel figure, not like I don't kiss my boyfriends I do but not in public"

"I get it. I'm sorry about that, I should invite you someday to my place"

"To kiss?" She asked and he laughed feeling ashame, "Not just that, we could do a lot, know more about each other and talk about the books we hate and love" 

"I'll love that" She replied with a smile.

Stella stopped by at the gate then she glanced at Lanre who was still waiting for her. "I'm home already, you've done enough already by following me here. You can go"

"I guess I can be rest assured you're safe"

"Yeah" she replied with a smile, "Wanna come in and let's talk about for a while?"

"Nah.... There's no way I'm entering into a married woman's house" "I'm  not married!"

"You know what I mean Stella, being in the same room with you. I'm not sure I'll be able to restrain myself from kissing your lips" he answered and she sighed in pity.

"Thanks for making my Valentine"

"You're welcome. Goodnight Stel"

"Good night Lanny"

Dara pressed start on her you tube video, she was blushing endlessly. "Hey fams, happy Valentine's day once again. It's been a fun day for me, I thought it was going to be a bad day like into other Valentine's day but God turned it around in my favor. I just got back from a date and I've been happier. Guess what guys? I'm officially dating Efe" she blushed, "I do hope it goes beyond dating, maybe someday, he'll be the one to pop the will you marry me question and take me to the aisle. That'll be a dream come true"

The following morning

"So he didn't have sex with you and you guys slept together?" Boma asked  Brenda and she gave a gentle nod. "Wait.... Did he at least..." She stalled and Brenda shook her head picking up Dara's body spray from the dresser table then she sprayer it all over her dress. 

"Wow.... I never knew such men still exists in today's world"

"We only smooched and talked"

"Talked? You? Talk?" Boma laughed, "The only talk you know is lies," she snapped and Dara laughed. She couldn't agree more!