Chapter 7- Parting is such a sweet sorrow.

The two Qins talked till noon. Wei Xiao made his way into his bedroom to pack his clothes. He left all his white clan uniform and brought three sets of black clothes. He chose to buy clothes outside so no one would think that he was from the Qin Clan. He brought a pair of black boots, designed with the Qin clan sigil. Though the design was there, they were inconspicuous.

He looked around for a brocade box under his bed and found that it was covered with dust. He reaches in and grabs the box, pulling it to his side and patting away the dust. Wei Xiao stares at the box, unaware of what emotion he should feel. He opened it and looked at the white fan lying inside.

For thousands of years, this fan has been unused by its owner. Not because it was broken, but because it sealed itself. No matter how much they try and open it, the fan remains unmoved. They should have been placed in the Clan's treasury, but Wei Xiao proposed that he should take care of it and maybe find out why the fan was sealed or if he could unseal it. But no matter how he tries, the fan would never open up.

Hearing his name being called by his uncle, Wei Xiao packed away the fan and box, placing them inside his lapels. He walked slowly towards his uncle and saw that aside from the two Qins, his brother and nephew were there as well.

Something suddenly squeezed his chest.

His heart thumped.

He bit his lip, trying to fight paint with more pain. Though it was useless, he still felt that he should do so.

He walked towards his brother, facing the other with his usual cold temperament. Though his thoughts were in turmoil.

Wei Xiayu placed his hand on Wei Xiao's shoulder. He smiled at the other. Warm. Safe. Tranquil. "Don't be afraid. Things will be alright."

Wei Xiao felt his heart sunk. Though the other said such comforting words, he can't help but be frightened.

Seeing his expression, Wei Xiayu noticed that his words weren't quite right. He laughed at the other. "What's with that face?" He maintains his serene and calm self. He knew that if he were to break now, nothing good would come next.

Wei Xiao's mind was in turmoil. He knew that the expression on his brother's face was fake. It was easy for him to understand the words that were spoken were not the words that were meant. His brother was keeping his call for his sake. Though he felt so little, he couldn't do anything else.

He found it rather comical how the world they live in relies on power to survive. Then what would happen if one fell from grace... they would be killed or outcast, hated or feared. But what if you are weak? You will be robbed of what is yours and no one would think it's horrible, they would even think that this was only right.

With those thoughts in mind, Wei Xiao turned his head to look at Qin Zuijia. The man fell from grace. He was once the pride of his family and the idol of mages from all over the Wolf bane continent. He had his own garden, he had the best equipment and the treatment towards him was above anyone else. But the moment that he did something wrong, he became the villain. Hated. Feared. Coveted against. The people who used to fawn over him, bow spit on his way. To them, he was the disgusting villain that should have never existed... But if he never existed, then who would bring them hundreds of different pill recipes that no one would be able to find nor make.

Wei Xiao hated Qin Zuijia's way of revenge, but he understood the other. He was pushed onto the corner, forced to maintain his aloof and domineering attitude that makes people both fear and love him. But the person he sees now was the real him. Warm. Awkward. Filled with flaws and imperfections. If it wasn't for the fact that he met him, he wouldn't believe that the Qin Zuijia in front of him was the same Qin Zuijia from the words of the elders and those who knew him.