Chapter Fourteen: I Can Throw You Right Into That Wall, Old Man

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fragile || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: I CAN THROW YOU RIGHT INTO THAT WALL, OLD MAN

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

Five passed by the employees of the Commission and heard gossips around also noticing some stares. He got near with two employees whispering as he walked and heard a rumor that shock to his very core.

"I heard that one of his family members died."

Five snapped his head towards them causing the two to flee quickly in distress. 'Who's dead?' Five panted and quickly ran near the Tube Room. He leaned on the wall, his heart rate racing. 'Shit. I gotta do this fast. And I have to know who died.'

He peeked at Gloria's office to see Dot there. "Gloria, the Handler knows that Five is up to something. Get this to Hazel and Cha-Cha immediately."

Five spatial jumped to hear the conversations clearer and louder. He watched as Dot left and Gloria examining the tube, asking herself who are Hazel and Cha-Cha. Five spatial jumped again and knocked the poor old woman out.

Five took the cylindrical case and opened it, seeing a parchment. He took it out to see what was written.

To: HAZEL & CHA-CHA
From: C893467A
Date: 089345789

REASSIGNMENT: PROTECT HAROLD JENKINS.

'Harold Jenkins?' Five quickly folded the paper and stuffed it in his pocket. He began typing on the typewriter for a new reassignment for Hazel and Cha-Cha.

To: CHA-CHA
From: N524182A
Date: 0121378349

TERMINATE HAZEL FOR IMMEDIATE EXTRACTION.

Five quickly ripped the paper out when he was done and then typed another new one.

To: HAZEL
From: N524182A
Date: 0982340124

TERMINATE CHA-CHA FOR IMMEDIATE EXTRACTION.

Five hurriedly send the orders away in the tubes and flinched when he heard the Handler's voice. "You know that's not how we do things here." Five leaned on the tubes, pretending to act casually. "Where's Gloria?"

"Don't know. Couldn't find her anywhere." Five shrugged until they heard the old woman groaning. Five stepped away from the tubes while the Handler shook her head. "You're a great disappointment to me. You can't change what's to come, Five. I truly find it so odd that you can't shed this fantasy. You're a first-rate pragmatist. You belong here with us."

"I don't belong anywhere, thanks to you." Five snapped. "You made me a killer!"

"You were always a killer. I just pointed you in a direction." The Handler unzipped her lower part of the dress, revealing her gun. Five quickly spatial jumped when the Handler shot.

The Handler shot everywhere, hoping to hit Five. The gunshots woke Gloria up and alerted some employees. Dot pressed the red button for emergency and jumped in fear with the other employees when they heard the gunshots again. Gloria managed to get out of the Tube Room with the help of Dot.