[UNEDITED] Chapter 34: Tell me

THIS IS AN UNEDITED CHAPTER (OLD VERSION)

You're my favorite.

My favorite pair of eyes to look into, my favorite name to see appear on my phone, my favorite way to spend an afternoon,

You could continue that sentence in a thousand different ways, and you'd still be my favorite every single time.

Annabeth

James hadn't stopped smiling.

Yes, smiling.

A clear, upward tilt of his lips- enough to make his dimples appear, enough to make me melt because all his smiles were directed towards me. The look of nearly pure elation on his face was something that I'd probably remember for a lifetime because it was one of the cutest, and happiest things I'd ever seen.

"I can't believe you planned all of this for me," he had said, multiple times throughout the date with a big goofy grin, while I'd just smile at him and to myself.

At first glance, what I had planned didn't seem like much. To be honest, even I thought it wasn't much, and a part of me was really worried that it wasn't something he'd like.

But the happy glint in his grey eyes had only increased as the time passed, much to my own glee. It was a little something I noticed- the fact that the tiniest gestures could make him happy, even if he tried to hide it.

When we reached the first stop, his eyes widened, and he let out a tiny sound of disbelief.

"I could marry you right now," he told me, after a few seconds of staring wide-eyed at the entrance of the Edgar Allen Poe museum. "Seriously, Evans- holy sh-this is really cool."

Just a couple of days ago, I had seen him reading The Murders in the Rue Morgue, and when I had asked him to tell me a little about the story, his entire face lit up as he began to explain the details of the story to me. I figured that maybe, just maybe he'd like it if I took him there.

"This is just the first stop silly," I told him with a laugh, intertwining my hand with his and pulling him forward. "You can marry me at the end of it."

"Damn straight."

We found ourselves at a restaurant called Whisk after that, and though we had stumbled across it because of a pure coincidence- the brunch there was totally worth it. They served the best croissants and macaroons I had ever tasted- and though I hadn't tried one myself, James told me that the muffins were to die for.

The waitress there, a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, sweet and chirpy girl- had gushed about how we were one of the cutest couples she had ever seen, much to James' annoyance- and I had given her a big smile when we were leaving, along with a tiny wave.