❥6: Goodbye

*unedited* please kindly point out any errors if you see them!

||November 25||

Jason and I walked silently side-by-side back to our cars, him holding up an umbrella because it was raining lightly. I couldn't believe he was moving to New York! I knew it was selfish of me, but I secretly hoped his plans wouldn't work out. I really, really did.

"So... Wanna come back to my place and watch a movie or something, for old time's sake?" Jason asked quietly.

"Sure," I look up at him and smile.

"Look, I don't want this to be super sad, okay? It's not like I'm dying, Jess, and I'll come visit on the holidays and whenever else I can," he said suddenly, his eyes boring into mine.

"Okay," I smiled. He slung his arm over my shoulder and we continued to walk back towards his truck.
- - - - - - - -
"Wait, she did what?" I laughed and turned towards Jason. He and I were situated on his couch watching Modern Family--the funniest TV show ever, end of story.

"She came to my football game, and in the middle of a play, ran into the field and dumped her coffee over me. I just said: 'Excuse me, but do I know you?' And her reaction was so freaking priceless." He laughs along with me. Man, Jason had some pretty batshit crazy exes!

"Oh my god, that's awesome!" I call. We were exchanging stories and reminiscing about the past, munching on popcorn and watching TV. I'm not gonna lie, I may have spit some popcorn out whilst laughing.

I heard my phone buzz in the background and I reached over him to grab it from the coffee table.

"Holy shit," I began as I looked over the screen, "it's already 6:00 PM!"

"Oh my god," he sat upright and switched off the TV.

"Yeah, I should really get going... See you later?" I got up off the couch and grabbed my purse.

"Wait--" Jason grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down onto the couch, "So, here's the thing... I leave tomorrow for New York to check out the campus, and if everything works out I may just stay until I resume class," He smiled sheepishly.

"And you didn't think to mention this to me earlier, Jason?" I ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Look, Jess, I'm sorry..." He said.

"It's fine Jason I just--" I didn't get a chance to finish before he covered my mouth with his hand, silencing me. We both got up quietly and walked over to the front door.

"Look, Jess," he began, "in case I don't get a chance to say goodbye in person before I head off, um... Well here." He planted a kiss on my lips, short and sweet, before pulling back and enveloping me in a hug.

"Well what was that for?" I looked up at him and smiled.

"Just my way of saying goodbye, I guess." He grinned sheepishly.

"I'll take it. Goodbye Jason," I hugged him once more before taking off.
- - - - - - - -
A/N: Short update, but it's an important plot point. I actually just got back yesterday from the state choir, and it went great! I made a bunch of new friends with the fools from a nearby school. They're basically awesome. Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Goals of the Chapter:
250 reads
20 votes
10 comments

<3 Alex