twenty one

Me and Nikolai sat in silence for I don't even know how long before I decided to speak up

Me and Nikolai sat in silence for I don't even know how long before I decided to speak up. If I was yet to meet a fucking capo I would need to know more about him. But I had to make sure I really did have to prepare for probably the scariest day of my life.

"Will I meet him? Can I not just move to a different country so I don't have to?" I questioned. Nikolai nodded and I instantly sagged in annoyance.

"It's inevitable you will. But don't go thinking he's...scary. You know, he's actually a year younger than me." Nikolai was clearly trying to convince himself more than me.

"I thought Vladimir was scary." I muttered, not thinking he would hear me.

"You thought Vlad was scary, oh fuck you have no idea-" he begins but I cut him off.

"That's not helping." I hush him momentarily.

He closes his mouth and I think more deeply than I ever have. Even harder than when I tried to do algebra.

"He's seventeen, how did he build a whole ass empire in that time?" I ask, genuinely wanting to know.

"No one knows anything about him really. Vlad is what you would say his best friend and even he doesn't know much. He basically wears mystery like a second skin and I don't know how he did it. But Victoria, a warning in advance, don't do anything that could potentially piss him off when you meet him." Nikolai was dead serious with his warning and I could only nod in compliance.

A herd of people appeared at the door and I realised along with Vlad and Joziah all my brothers were present. They push past eachother to get into the room and Reuben smacks Wyatt when his elbow accidentally hits his jaw.

Pushing all thoughts of Blaze King, aka scary mafia Capo out of my head, I decide to see what their reaction would be to me knowing everything.

"So, brothers, how's it going with all the casinos?" I raise an eyebrow and Damon immediately sets his eyes on Nikolai.

"You told her?" He seethes.

"I told her everything dumbass." Nik sticks his tongue out childishly and Damon lurches for him.

Nikolai quickly pushes himself off the bed and Damon falls onto the floor. They soon run out of the room, Damon chasing Nikolai and Nikolai probably running like he was participating in a marathon.

All of us watch the door cautiously until a loud thud and smash is heard, that's when they all look at me.

"You don't think less of us do you?" Wyatt asks nervously, sadness prominent in his eyes.

I shake my head, standing up and hugging him,"No, I don't think less of any of you." I smile up at him and he sighs in relief.

"Did Nikolai tell you about the arranged..." Joziah trails off, looking around the room.

"Yes." I nod sadly.

"Victoria, it's not long until I get this cleared up. Give me a week and you'll be free of it. Plus, I have some help." Vladimir explains and I sigh.

"Thank you, but guys do I really have to meet that Blaze guy? Can I not hide in a kitchen cupboard?" I question and they all shake their heads, lowering them.

Oh no. No, my brothers always give verbal replies, especially Alexi and I doubted Vladimir would lower his head to anyone.

As if on cue to approve of my thoughts another man walks into the room.

Undoubtedly this was the guy Nikolai had told me about. He exuded confidence as he lent against the door frame. It was as if he knew he had no weaknesses, that no one could touch him.

The guy, who I subconsciously knew was obviously Blaze King wore a suit, only missing the tie and jacket over it. Nikolai was right though, from the emotionless expression on his face we basically wore mystery like a second skin.

Don't do anything that could potentially piss him off. Nikolai's words echoed in my head but by the time my dumb brain remembered them, I had locked eyes with him.

The hues of blue revealed nothing to me but I could bet he saw either genuine fear or annoyance in my brown ones.

I tore my eyes away from his and focused on the wall instead. From the corner of my eye I noticed the others looking at the both of us weirdly but dismissed it. They want to look at him weirdly, not my fault they died.

"That won't be necessary." A deep voice sounded, probably referring to my idea of hiding in the kitchen cupboard.

I didn't move my gaze until he spoke again.

"It's rude to ignore someone elder than you, you know." Amusement laced his voice and I didn't think before speaking.

"You're what? Three years older than me, I don't see a really big age gap-" Once I realised who I was disrespecting I sealed my mouth shut.

To my surprise he let's out a low chuckle. I look at him in confusion but he plays what I said off and takes a seat on my desk with his arms folded across his chest.

"Vladimir, this is who you want help with? To get out of a stupid contract-" he looks pointedly at Vlad.

I decided to take my chances, I would not be stuck in an arranged marriage at fourteen.

"A stupid contract? I'm fourteen you fuck, I don't care if your some mafia capo or whatever, likely chances are you've got the brains of a peanut. But what you do have is the power the get me out of this 'stupid contract', so please help me." I stand up, raising my voice slightly, wanting to make my point but not overly piss him off.

I take a quick glance at my brothers who are either staring at me with wide eyes, looking fearful or have amusement in their eyes.

I turn back to Blaze when he pushes himself off the desk and begins walking toward me. Not like Reuben though, not with the intent to harm, I hoped.

"Let me see what I can do about pesky contract, amare." He states, looking at me once more before leaving the room.

I smile triumphantly, turning back to face everyone," I don't know what he just called me but I thought Nikolai said he was scary." I point back to the door.

My brothers look at eachother before nodding in agreement," We need alcohol for this shit." They say in unison, leaving the room.

Damon and Nikolai enter the room not a second after with shocked expressions, Nikolai also harbours a bruise under his eye and Damon holds a hand to his abdomen.

"Was that-" Damon begins but is cut off by Vladimir.

"Blaze King? Yes. Now let me follow the others for some alcohol after that encounter." He shakes his head before leaving.

Damon and Nikolai look at eachother before shrugging and following him out, leaving me and Joziah alone.

He walks to the door but turns back before leaving, " You should be dead by now, you either caught Blaze on a good day or he...likes you. And trust me when I say, Blaze King doesn't like anyone." He finishes, sending me one last glance before leaving me alone in my room.

Huh, at least I won't be in this contract any longer.

I'm still wondering what 'amare' meant though.
_______________________________________