six

CHAPTER SIX
❝ dead girl walking ❞

☆ CHAPTER SIX ☆❝ dead girl walking ❞

☆ ☾ ☆

    The sound of her name being called didn't face her, yet she felt the panic travel along the cracks of her bones. Her eyes looked down, facing the door as she tried to quiet her mind. The ticking of the clock unnerved her, it reminded her of a bomb, ready to explode and incinerate everything in its path.

    Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

    The room was colder than usual, she noticed. Maybe because she wasn't wearing anything cozy, or maybe because she knew she wasn't alone. The sound of the floor creaking under someone's weight confirmed her assumptions. Perhaps she would be better off with them near her.

    Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

    Her hand went up her chin and tried to wipe the blood on her skin away, but it would smudge and spread even further. Despite her gruesome look, she smudged it even more, this time faster. Each time with more aggression until her skin turned as red as the tick crimson liquid staining her being.

    "Nora, it's not funny, where are you!"

    "They're looking for you" his voice was soft, like a honey whisper. Tick, charming, and so heavy.

    Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

    "I know" she whispered back, letting her hand drop to her side. Her legs were getting numb due to the position she was on the floor, but she didn't move.

    "You have to go with them" she felt his presence getting closer as the floor creaked and the breeze hit her back "let's get you up"

    "I don't want to" she shook her head lightly, an indescribable feeling surfaced within her, but it had been so long, she didn't remember what it was. If she did, some problems would have been avoided "I want to stay here" she said slowly, looking away "with you"

    Two fingers were placed on her chin, causing her to turn to face him. His eyes analyzed her face, an nameless sparkle shining in his iris. She looked at him and remembered all those times she used to dream of him.

    Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

    "You will...very soon, my love" he smiled and placed the rest of his hand on her chin to get a firmly grip "but if they find me here—"

    "They won't" she shook her head, an exciting smile in her face grew, a little too quickly "You can hide here, no one comes around this side"