Gone

9 PM
Y/N's Bedroom

After we finished eating, Natsuki enters the bathroom. I'm still really concern about her. What is going to happen now that I told her everything? She'll have to be careful every time, about anyone. I'll do everything to protect her. I'll. Do. Everything. I get in my room and I wait for her to come back. A paper with Natsuki's handwriting was on my desk. I took the paper and start reading.

Because You

Tomorrow will be brighter with me around
But when today is dim, I can only look down.
My looking is a little more forward
Because you look at me.

When I want to say something, I say it with a shout!
But my truest feelings can never come out.
My words are a little less empty
Because you listen to me.

When something is above me, I reach for the stars.
But when I feel small, I don't get very far.
My standing is a little bit taller
Because you sit with me.

I believe in myself with all of my heart.
But what do I do when it's torn all apart?
My faith is a little bit stronger
Because you trusted me.

My pen always puts my feelings to the test.
I'm not a good writer, but my best is my best.

My poems are a little bit dearer
Because you think of me.

Because you, because you, because you.

I put the paper down... Wow... This poem really is something... It is so pure, it seems so genuine... I hear Natsuki getting out of the bathroom and I get in. I enter and close the door behind me. My phone buzzes in my pocket, I take it and answer.

Y/N: "Yeah?"

???: "Hawk. We need you tonight."

Y/N: "Well hum... That's not possible, family emergency. Is there anyone else to go?"

???: "Goddammit, you're one of our best men... But since it is rare for you to not come, I can make an effort."

Y/N: "Thanks."

???: " Was it you who got shot in town in the early afternoon?"

Y/N: "*sigh* Yes it was..."

???: "Was she with you?"

Y/N: "..."

???: "God fucking dammit Y/N, are dumb or something?" She is in danger if you keep her at home, you know that?"

Y/N: "Yes I know but-"

???: "If you keep her here, she'll be in permanent danger."

Y/N: "It's the only way okay? She has some problems at home, so no matter where she stays, she is in danger... So, if I have to choose, I prefer to have her close to me to protect her."

???: "*sigh* Take care of you."

He hangs up. Yeah, I have other things to do rather than going on a mission tonight. We could have been killed today, I have to show her that I'm here for her. It's sad to say but, it's not the first time it happened to me, I'm used to it, but her... I get out of the bathroom and enter my bedroom. Natsuki is here, looking out the window. I go behind her and wrap my arms around her, putting my chin on her head.

Y/N: "What the matter?"

Natsuki: "I was thinking that we could have died today... Or get hurt..."

I turn her towards me and stare into her eyes.

Y/N: "It's okay, don't worry, we'll be extra careful from now on. And I'm not letting anyone hurt you. I'll defend you Natsuki."

She looks up and put her lips on mine. We stayed like this for several minutes.