𝙭𝙡𝙞𝙞𝙞 ── hands<333333333

𝙘hapter 𝙛orty-𝙩hree
❛⠀hands<333333333⠀❜

when ROISIN awoke, she jolted at the unfamiliar surroundings and found herself pulling the blanket further around her almost-naked body

when ROISIN awoke, she jolted at the unfamiliar surroundings and found herself pulling the blanket further around her almost-naked body. her brain became accustomed to the dark walls and piles of clothes quickly, reminding herself that she was safe, she was home. it had only been hers for a week and she was still waiting for boxes to be shipped from brighton, but, to her, it wasn't about the place. not the messy, poster-covered walls or the day-old classes of water on the nightstand. it was about the person.

and the boy blinking sleep out of his eyes beside her was more like her home than anyone ever had been.

"good morning, sweetheart." roisin said lowly, turning her head to look at him.

holding out his arms, he smiled though his eyes were fluttering closed. "i'll never get used to that."

"used to what?"

"waking up next to you."

"shut up."

sinking into his embrace, roisin felt the lightness of his duvet skirting across the tattooed skin of her arms and was suddenly reminded that she had moved in with a boy she had known for two months. past the bliss, there was a toxic voice with inky tendrils that grasped at her thoughts. but all she had to do was look at the blush that dusted on his cheeks at their closeness, and she knew that there was something in him that never showed in past partners.

one word, four letters, the be-all and end-all of the universe. when it itched at the back of her throat like stardust or acid, she was forced to swallow it down. roisin couldn't be the first to say it. if he didn't say it back... even thinking about it made her want to run as far and as fast as she could.

almost as if he noticed her mind running away with her, axel sat up with her draped over his chest like lingering perfume. "everything okay?"

"remember when you said, and i quote, 'i will never not be single.'?" she teased, breezing fingers through knotted locks to smooth them out - changing the subject quickly.

"you watched the stream where i said that?" he muttered, eyes half-closed in bliss as his hands relaxed against her waist.

"i've watched all of your streams. i watched the one where you gush over me for, like, ten minutes straight the other day."