Chapter6

Selena wakes up and looks around for Kyle. She can't find him she freaking out as Lacey walks in. " it's OK Hon, your son is in the waiting room with my friend"
"what? Who? Noone knows I am here. My son doesn't do well with people"
"my friend Murdock. I think your son likes him. He's sleeping on him" she laughs. "we had an incident where a nurse kicked Kyle out and Murdock found him. He's OK.  Don't you worry, that nurse will be dealt with. I filed a complaint for you"
Lacey texts Murdock to bring the boy in.  He hands over the boy and goes to leave, but Kyle begs him to stay. Selena looks at her son like what the hell?
"if that's OK with you Hon, I'll stay and hang out with you guys. How are you feeling?"Murdock asks
" I am OK. Just a bit shocked. Kyle doesn't like people, yet he was sleeping on you " Selena quietly says with a bewildered look on her face.
Murdock grins." guess birds of a feather and all that"
"Murdock hates people too" lacey pipes up then giggles.
The baby starts to coo. Murdock looks over and his damn heart melts. "may I?" he quietly asks while nodding his head in the babies direction. Selena nods. She's in shock. 
Lacey is speachless watching the crankiest , most violent dangerous man she knows holding this tiny baby with a soft expression on his face. He hands the baby to Selena and says he should let her feed the baby. He needs to go anyways.  Without thinking he grabs her phone and puts in his number.  " if you ever need anything" he has never done this before. Wtf is going on with him?! Grrr.  He leaves.