Ray of hope

The oldest royal member of Hastinapur stood in his balcony. He gazed at the entrance. He waited for the arrival of princes.

He merely wanted to confirm with the eldest Pandava whether the news which reached his ears true or not. He doesn't want any others confirmation as the righteous man will not lie.

He heard some rumours about Karn's victory in swayamvar of Panchal princess from the citizens and local spies.

Being an experienced and skilled person, he knew all the strategies from get the piece of news until protect the nation.

Bhism was disappointed with Arjun's act in swayamvar. He doesn't know the reason behind discrimination of Karn. Humiliation to be precise. Why he act like typical royal prince who more respect caste than human's character and nature. He wanted the most beautiful maiden of Aryavart become daughter-in-law of kuru line.

He believed in each and every prince's talent of his clan but he highly expected Arjun to win the swayamvar as he is the pride of clan currently.

Bhism somehow felt happy to hear that Karn won the tough competition. He really likes him wholeheartedly as a person and the king who rules a country in right path.

He was very young and new to this kind of works. Sometimes he himself astonished by his decision on small things or cases.

He really wonders that how can a charioteer's son can be this much perfect in every way.

No one can say that Karn is a sutputr. All his behaviours, acts, problem solving talents, decision making abilities and his war skills will simply project him like a royal prince.

He just doesn't want him to be so close to Duryodhan who influenced by the cunning Gandhar Raj.

To be honest Duryodhan neither cunning person nor cruel in his young age. He was an ordinary kid like others yet the person who raised him injected his thoughts on him. That's why he started to hate Pandavas. Duryodhan actually blindfolded by his own uncle's cunning thoughts. He was the only reason of enmity between the cousins. There's always a solution to every problem.

Bhism was not sure but he always realizes that Karn is the one who stood between Pandavas and Kauravas. The pandava brother will follow their big brother and him respects Karn personally. So he won't allow his younger brother to continue any kind of talks or fights. In other side, Duryodhan respects his friendship more than everything. He obeys Karn's word and gave up before anything happens. After Karn's arrival there were obvious changes in Duryodhan's behaviour which made him relieved a bit.

Karn really acting like a barrier which prevent the great disaster. After his arrival there is no much fight between the cousins.

His lips curved into a small smile as he recalled moment of some younger kauravas learning about medication from the twins. He felt like Karn's arrival made them realize themselves. They become more friendly. Karn is not less than ray of hope for him.

He closed his eyes. "I hope this will be continuing and the enmity will be vanished from this great palace" he murmured to himself. He opened his eyes as he saw the chariots of princes in the entrance. He rushed towards them. They all greeted him. He blessed all of abruptly.

They all went to their own Chambers as tiredness occurred them.

"Yudhisthir I want to talk to you personally" he said and the eldest Pandava followed the old man.

"Is every news reach me correct?" He asked while telling him what exactly he heard from the citizens and spies.

"I guess our spies should be rewarded with something valuable as they noticed every little thing and told you everything without any flaw"