18

right after that night, jungwon thought that maybe he still has a chance with jay.

he woke up, in a good mood, expecting jay to talk to him again but instead he was back to ignoring him.

their camping trip ended with a gloomy jungwon.

"I can't understand him, hyung." jungwon sighs.

"likewise, wonie." sunoo said. "it's hard to read him."

"I just wish that he'll at least talk to me. I'm not expecting that he'll take me back anymore. it's clear that isn't possible."

taehyun was busy studying for a quiz when someone sat across from him. there was jay, also opening a book.

he raised an eyebrow at him but jay simply ignores him. he look too indulge with the book he was reading.

after getting ignored, taehyun decided to pack it up and leave the library. they weren't talking but the tension was present.

he was about to stood up from his seat when jay finally decides to talk.

"what's your relationship with jungwon?"

taehyun then smirks. so that's why out of all the seats that is available here, jay decided to seat with him. that was his motive.

"guess."

"I'm not playing with you, kang." jay said sternly.

normally, people would be scared of jay. he isn't just a known playboy, he can also mess with you. no one dares to get on his way but taehyun is an exception.

"why does it concern you? you said it yourself, jungwon used to be one of your flings. he isn't anymore." taehyun said in a mocking tone. "poor jungwon. he deserves being cared for and to be loved genuinely, not get played with your kind."

"you know nothing about what happened with us."

"oh what if I do?"

"I just wanted you to answer that one question."

"jay, I think you can get yourself an answer to that if you'll observe your surroundings."

that statement only made jay grew more confuse. why can't taehyun just answer that one question? is it that hard? jay thinks that taehyun is only playing with his mind.

"you know what? forget about it. act like this conversation between us never happened." jay said and left taehyun there.

he decided to go back to their classroom already since classes are about to start again.

he felt so annoyed of taehyun. the guy couldn't give him a proper answer.

"hey jay!" somebody called him.

he look at the person and saw that it was hyewon. the one who told him about the truth.

"what?"

"I heard you.. went camping with jungwon." she says calmly but her eyes says otherwise.

jay raised an eyebrow at her. "it was us and our friend group."

"I already told you about what he was actually doing. why won't you stay away from him?"

it's because he stills loves him.

"it's hard when we're in one circle. can't I hang out with my friends anymore?"

"but he's there! you can't be around him anymore."

"what's wrong with you? look, I appreciate that you told me that  because you wanted to save me from whatever heartbreak there is but that's it. you can't decide for me." jay was growing annoyed of her already. since the day she told him the truth, she kept on tailing him and getting mad whenever she saw him with someone else. "damn. we're not even friends. leave me alone already.

jay was meant to leave her already when she took hold of his arm.

"but jay I love you!" hyewon yells. thank God they were the only one there. "when will you give me a chance?"

jay stared at her before taking her hand off him.

"I'm sorry but the person I ever loved was him and I think it'll stay that way." he said before completely leaving her there.

her hands formed into a fist and her teeth grits. "you'll regret this."

"so you're telling me that it was your friend who told jay?" ni-ki was currently speaking to his sister.

she suddenly came into his room, crying and saying sorry. she said she couldn't handle the guilt already.

"how did you find out?"

"it was when you're in a call with jungwon. I heard you talking about your plan and I was so shock about it that I end up telling hyewon. you see, she's my bestfriend so I tell her everything." she explains. "then she start following you or jungwon around, trying to get some evidence. I kept convincing her to stop it but she just won't."

"I... I actually thought it was you who told jay hyung." ni-ki confessed. "the same day that happened, you said you went out and you look spaced out that time."

"I tried stopping her from telling jay but when I got there, she was already smiling in victory. I felt so bad... if only I didn't told her."

"yes, I'm really sorry riki. I couldn't hide it any longer, the guilt is eating me up whenever I see jungwon here. I can tell how it affected him."

"don't worry. we'll fix this. I can tell that they still have a chance, I can feel how they're still longing for each other."

no, it's not hyewon from iz*one or from any group. it's a made up character hehe I can't let a real person be the enemy in here.

please just wake me up when school ends already. it's tiring me.