Chapter Thirty-Two - Christmas Day

~

A/N -

Make sure you've read the previous chapter before this one because this is a double update!!!

~

Reece's POV

~

I'm shaken awake by someone jumping onto the bed I'm sleeping on. I groan softly, slowly opening my eyes and looking around me. Layla sits on the edge of my bed, grinning down at me. "It's Christmas!" She exclaims softly, her smile as breath-taking as always.

I roll over onto my back and groan, reaching my arms up above me in a stretch. I look over at Liam to see that Anna is waking him up in a similar way. Turning my gaze back to Sunshine, I open my arms and grumble, "Merry Christmas, Sunshine."

She grins, falling onto me in a hug, her face automatically burying into my chest. Her head rests over my heart and she lets out a content sigh as if she is finally where she belongs. Sometimes it feels like that to me too. Curling my arms around her waist, I close my eyes again, hoping to get a little more sleep.

"Merry Christmas, Reecey." Layla replies back softly, shuffling around to get comfortable on the small twin bed. She is pretty much on top of me as she lies here and I couldn't be happier. I would give anything to have her sleep on me like this every night.

A sudden loud banging on the door to the room makes my eyes shoot open. "I know all four of you are in there!" Bella calls out to us, "Come out so we can open presents!"

I groan, squeezing Layla to me tightly before reluctantly starting to slip out of bed. "Come, on, Sunshine." I have to coax her some more before she eventually stumbles out of bed as well and we walk out of the room, Liam and Anna not far behind us. As she walks ahead of me, I notice that she has stolen another one of my hoodies – a grey one this time. When did she do that?

We walk out into the living room to find that Bella, Max and Laura are already waiting for us.

I'm nervous about today. I'm going to show her my tattoo. I hope she likes it. But that isn't what I'm most nervous about. I'm also going to tell her the I have feelings for her. That is the scariest part.

I decided a few days ago that I would do it. When the two of us were standing there hugging after decorating the Christmas tree, I decided I'd tell her. I mean, what have I got to lose?

Her. I could lose her. But I'm not going to think about that part.

We all gather together in the living room with cups of coffee before we start opening Christmas presents. Soon the present opening starts and everyone is talking and laughing. Liam had gotten me a pair of sneakers while I got him a hoodie he'd been wanting. I got Anna a new sketch book and she had gotten me a book I'd been wanting to read. I'm wondering when to give Layla her present. It's sitting in my pocket and it feels as though it weighs tones.

"Reece," I instantly turn at the sound of Layla saying my name. I look down to where she is sitting beside me on the couch. She hands me a small box wrapped in red wrapping paper. "This is for you."

I swallow roughly, knowing this is where I give her my gift. I take the box and dig my hand in my pocket, pulling out the small, rectangular box for her. "And this is for you, Sunshine."

She smiles, her eyes regarding me softly. God, I really love her eyes. She takes the present and I watch as she unwraps it. I want to see her genuine reaction because I want to know if she actually hates it. She slowly takes the wrapping off, revealing the long, flat box. She opens it and her eyes instantly light up. She gasps softly, eyes connecting with mine. "Reece..." She doesn't say anything else as she looks back at the necklace in the box, biting back a grin. It's a dainty necklace with a small sun pendant on it.