11: the 'boy'

Chapter 11

"HEY HEY HEY!"

You already know who that is, of course. You see Bokuto jumping and waving his hands at you, with Akaashi behind him, looking like he's so done with the owl. With Bokuto just going around in public, almost screaming and hoots every 5 minutes, you and Akaashi have no choice but to endure the judgemental glares of other people towards your group.

"Bokuto-san, you're disturbing the people" Akaashi sighed at his not-so-upperclassman

"But Akaashi! It's been so long since we're gathering like this! Show some excitement!" the Fukurodani captain almost screamed

"I think you can show excitement without my yelling at my ears, Bokuto-san" Akaashi deadpanned

"Shush guys, we're almost there" you quipped at the two of them. That did no good for Bokuto, he just went screaming 'Kuroo-bro, here I come!' and ran towards the direction of the house. You slightly hear the gates being opened and the voice of your cousin yelling at Bokuto for being too loud and to keep it down.

You were currently lunging around Kuroo's bedroom when he suddenly dropped a question,

"So how did the Miyas reacted to you having a crush?"

"They wanted to know who it was" you nonchalantly said.

"Oh~?" Kuroo said in a teasing tone. Kenma just sighed, knowing what he is going to say next.

"They were jealous then?" you almost spit out what you're drinking when he said that,

"What do you mean? They're just being protective as usual! Don't put any meaning to it!" you yelled

"Eh?" you whipped your head towards Akaashi who let out the sound of confusion, and asked him what's wrong

"You mean you truly think it's platonic?" he said with a straight face

"It is platonic! We're just friends!" you sputtered

"Pfft friends, sure" Kuroo snorted

"WOAH! DOES THE MIYAS LIKE YOU, [NAME]?" you flinched at Bokuto's loud voice beside you and glared at him

"No, they don't!" Kuroo raised his hand in a motion of correcting you,

"One of them don't. But the other~ I'm not so sure"

"What- who?"

You were met with silence. Your cousin teasing you with his wiggling eyebrows, Akaashi who has no intention of even answering your question, Kenma who simply doesn't care and is playing in his phone. You turned to Bokuto, your only hope, but he's also asking Akaashi, which Miya was it. You just sighed in exasperation. How did the conversation even shifted to this.

"I'm not believing any of you" you grumbled out in the silence

"Suit yourself, cousin~"

"You do know that the Miya twins are currently turning the school upside down just to know where you are?" you whipped your head and saw him walking towards your 'escape' place. You always go here whenever the twins are being insufferable, or their fans, and you just want to escape them for a moment.

The boy, who is now sitting beside you under the shade of the tree, is the only one who knows where you go when you 'disappear' as worded by the setter Miya. You consider him as your 'sort-of' friend. He caught you one time in a situation and helped you out— that was about a month after second year middle school has started.