0012 • Secret love

In fourth year, they apparently missed the Yule ball that should've taken place.

So they decided to do it now, in sixth year. Which was my luck.

I wasn't very fond of dancing, not wanting nor having a boy dancing with me because I'll probably step on their foot for the whole dance. I was really shy on dating boys, and became aware that one of my dates turned out to be dead. I was more cautious through my dating experience, and careful not to date anyone that easily.

I didn't want them to end up like Cedric.

The horrors of Hermione telling me that Cedric was no longer alive, still gave me a thrill memory, and haunted me. I was glad I wasn't entirely there so I wouldn't have passed out seeing him lying on the ground, unmoving. But it still hurts, a pang of sadness spread all over me as I thought about it more.

But, I kept my spirit up and continued school.

As if your wondering about me and Harry, we were set off by good terms. We talked more often, and it was really fun having him back. I quite liked his company.

Throughout the weeks that passed by, the Yule Ball party came closer. Everyone was talking about it, and who they were going with.

Hermione said she was going with Victor Krum, stating that he wanted to ask her in fourth year, but it was cancelled.

I was a little confused since I had thought she fancied Ron, but I didn't question it any further. I nodded happily for her, and said a "congratulations".

So Hermione already has a date, but I don't.

I sighed, as I was walking to my next class. It wasn't that I didn't want to go to class, is just that I didn't get much sleep. Yet, here I am blaming myself for always staying up late.

But my luck was low today, that I bumped into someone, barely knocking my books out of my arms.

"Hey, watch where your-" The person said, but stopped mid-sentence.

I looked up and saw the familiar ferret. I mentally rolled my eyes, as I tightened my arms at my books.

"Oh, Y/N." He said, in a monotone.

"Malfoy." I said, in the same voice as him.

"Back with Potter again, aren't you?" He quirked an eyebrow as he stepped back.

"We're friends, thank you very much." I said, the last part sarcastically. He was 2 inches taller than me, which wasn't a surprise because he was always the taller one.

He tilted his head, clearly surprised we weren't dating or anything.

I shrugged, and tried to brush past him until he grabbed my arm, preventing me to walk any further.

"Meet me at the Astronomy tower, at 7:00 pm." He whispered too me, before letting go and walking to a different direction.

My breath was hitched due to the sudden space we were in, as I exhaled my breath out when he walked away, out of my sight.

I guess I have something to do today after all.

«At Lunch»

The Great Hall was filled with young wizards chatting among themselves, occasionally throwing small pieces of food at each other. Though they were very cautious not to get caught.

Smart.

I passed some tables, and made my way to the Gryffindor table.

"Hey guys." I said, smiling as I got to my seat which was next to Harry.

"Y/N, finally you're here." Hermione stated, as she was sitting in front of me. Ron was sitting besides her, eating his chicken in peace. I could tell he was enjoy that, real good.

"Yeah, same." Ron said, talking as there was food in his mouth. This gesture annoyed Hermione, dearly that she smacked Ron's arm that he winced and held where she hit him.

"Ron, don't be disrespect and chew with your mouth close." She instructed him, as if he were a toddler.

Ron glared at her, as she glared back.

"Umm, what's happening to them?" I questioned to Harry, as he was looking at his plate of food.

"They had some sort of tension when Hermione mentioned she was going to the Yule Ball with Viktor." Harry explained, as he was drinking his soup.

I nodded gracefully, and looked down at my food as I picked up my plastic fork. I didn't know what was there problem, but it sure cannot be good. I didn't want to be apart of it.

"Anyways, Y/N." Hermione said, completely ignoring Ron. He had a look of anger when he turned back around, rolling his eyes as he picked up his utensils.

"Whose your date to the Yule Ball?"

I sighed and looked at her, chewing my insides of my cheek a bit. The truth was, I didn't even know if I was going to attend the Yule Ball anymore.

"Nobody, I guess." I muttered, closing my eyes for a split second. I didn't really want to talk about whom I was going, because it was just embarrassing that I didn't have anyone to go with.

"Oh, so Draco didn't ask you yet?" Blurted Hermione. I looked at her, confused.

She must've accidentally said it aloud, that she covered her mouth quickly.

"Bloody heck Mione, what?" Ron asked her, his eyebrow raised. "He's a Slytherin!"

"But don't you think he sort of has a soft spot for her? Since she doesn't have anybody to dance with anyways, it's an opportunity for him. " Hermione said, taking a sip on her pumpkin juice.

"Malfoy is not going to ask her, nor if he did, she wouldn't accept. Right Y/N?" Harry said, looking at Hermione with a stern look.

I, stayed quiet. My answer would've been an obvious 'Of course not!' but now, I was deciding whether or not to go with him. My head was all over the place, as I was stuttering to answer Harry. I don't have a date, and he's sort of.. cute?

"Right Y/N?" Harry repeated himself, as he turned to look at me.

"I—" I paused, and looked at my friends, "I- mean it can't be that bad?"

"Oh my gosh, he's a Slytherin Y/N!" Ron protested.

"Who wants to date a bloody Slytherin?" Harry asked, more angrier than Ron as he was looking at me with so much intensity.

I looked away, and back at the Slytherin table, as my eyes found Draco sitting with his friends, laughing with them.

"It can't be that bad."