0027 • Finding clues

A/N: Hey ya'll, hope you love this story :)

By the way, this story is going to have a bad ending 😃
°°°°°

I was laying down in my bed, looking up at the grey, dark ceiling of my dorm. My eyes were distant, as my arms were spread out in the bed.

Is it possible for someone to be obsessed with me?

I don't even think I could be that, attractive to someone that they wanted to hurt boys for me. I didn't want to be flattered, as I shifted my head to the right to see a book that laid next to me.

I would have to talk with Harry after of course.

As I was thinking, the door suddenly clicked open as I immediately sat up.

Hermione.

"Mione?" I called out, as I rushed to her.

When she entered, she was wearing a puffy jacket and blue jeans. Her cheeks were rosey red as her hair was out in a pony tail. She looked distraught.

I grabbed her shoulders, tilting my head to have a glimpse of her eyes.

"Are you okay?"

Hermione slowly looked up to meet my eyes, before her lips etched into a strained smile. It was one of those smiles that concerned me.

"Never better."

I smiled. Something was definitely bothering her, yet I didn't know how I can approach to make her talk about it without directly saying it.

I recalled the conversation me and Harry had on Ron.

"How are you and-"

"-Ron? Is that what you care about?" Hermione interrupted, gazing her intense stare upon my eyes.

I waved my hands around in a panic,

"No! Of course not, it's just that I thought it would lighten up the-"

"Tell me Y/n, why are you with Harry?"

I paused my sentence, widening my eyes at her statement.

"..What?"

I was about to pull my hand away from her shoulder but her hands stopped the motion, gripping them with a fierce strength.

"Is it out of pity your with him?"

I was about to stop her, yet she kept continuing.

"Are you scared when you reject him, the same situation would occur when we were in 3rd year?"

"..."

The question replayed in my mind like a loop on repeat. It was a question that I dreaded to answer and think about, yet here I hear it from my own best friend.

I didn't know what to say at that moment, only looking away to meet her eyes.

".. I'm with him because something is pulling me towards him."

Hermione scoffed in disbelief, about to scold me again yet I stopped her.

"Call me stupid all you want, maybe I am. Maybe I'm the stupidest person alive to end up together with him despite being toxic.."

I released my hand away and backed up from her, staring into her eyes.

"But can't you see?.. I'm trapped."

°°°°°

I thrived into the hallways, ignoring the distant stares the paintings are giving me. They quite freaked me out now that I mentioned it. It wasn't everyday your painting could talk like a normal human being.

Students were walking around, talking to their friends as I was walking. My hair flowing at the back of me.

It didn't take long to find it, as I went past through the room and grabbed my jacket. It was innocently laying their on top of the red cough, fire briskly rustling as I put it on.

Then, I was ready to meet Harry.

But not before something caught my eyes.

A little booklet was sitting on the seat of the couch, opened as writing was filled up.

I went closer to the couch, sitting down as I stared down at the book.

Someone must have left it here.

Now, I wasn't a big snooper around things. I was just very, curious at times. This was one of the moments where I was the most curious about.

I looked around the room, before picking it up.

My eyes roamed around the writing, reading everything.

The book had the names of majority of the boys in Hogwarts and their houses.

Some were crossed out, and some were not. Which made me confused.

Why were their names of boys?

Until I saw Draco's name.

Draco Malfoy- Slytherin

I stared at the name, as it was also crossed out. What in the world?

"Y/N? You down here?" A voice startled me, as I jumped out of my seat.

Harry.

"Uh-" I uttered, as I saw his figure coming down.

He was still wearing his quidditch clothes, his bag on top of his right arm.

"Hey— " He started with a smile, until his eyes drifted into a bag I was holding.

"What are you holding?" He asked, his breath hitching slightly.

I looked at the mini booklet I was holding, than back at him.

"Oh, just a random book I found." I said, acting like the book meant nothing to me. My left hand was fiddling at the ends of my coat as I stood there.

"You didn't read it, did you?" He asked, slowly taking his steps towards me.

I hesitated for a second, looking at him.

This book was his.

He was hiding something from me.

"Oh, no!" I stuttered without thinking, pushing it aside. I forced a laugh as I handed him it.

"I was just going to give you back the book!" I reasoned furthermore.

He took the book with a blank expression, as he nodded at me.

"Okay, uh— anyways.. do you want to get hot chocolate with me?" He asked nervously, putting the book in his bag.

I nodded, smiling as he mentioned hot chocolate.

"Of course."

I'll have to find out what the book meant, later on.