•Chapter 13•

My hands were tied. My skin was burning. I felt like my soul was hurting.

"She's waking up." A hushed voice was heard. I slowly started becoming aware of my surroundings. And of the pain.

I blinked, taking in the woods around me. I was against a tree. Tied. A tree that was quiet literally burning my back. My eyes landed on the young elf with purple eyes who found me, and who mysteriously knew who I was. Next to her was a woman. An angry looking woman. Her olive skin had some slight wrinkles in the corner of her purple eyes, and her curly hair was weirdly long, reaching all the way down her thighs.

She stood there, as if waiting for me to make the next move.

First instinct was to ask her what was going on, but instead I attempted to use my vampire strength to remove whatever tied me to this tortuous tree. When somehow my strength wasn't enough, I tried using my magic to tear the fabric off.

"Ugh!" I groaned out from frustration and pain. She laughed.

"I was waiting for you to realize." She said, almost happily. The woman took a few steps closer to me, and as she did, I started shedding some involuntary tears at the pain I felt right now. It felt like everything was on fire. My back, my hands, my arms, even the insides of my body were mysteriously aching.

"What's happening to me?" I asked, my head slowly hanging lower. "Who are you?"

"I'm merely someone who's been waiting on you for decades." She said, her fingers touching my face, running over my features as if making sure I'm real. I squeezed my eyes closed momentarily. What is going on?

"I'm the only one with the power to end your immortal, Amara." She whispered. I couldn't help smiling weakly at her.

"I'm more immortal than what both of us wish for."

"I'll change everyone's mind about that.. soon." She smiled wickedly at me, her purple eyes turning abnormally bright blue. Her tongue slid over her crooked teeth, as the little girl stood behind her watching in silence.

"You have no access to any of your strengths right now." She whispered. "Right now, Amara.." She laughed. "Right now.. you're almost a human."

I had a billion questions racing my brain.

But all I did was bite my lip as I shed a few more tears, crying out loud in pain as I felt the burning ropes around me tighten. I couldn't speak.

"Let her go." An extremely deep, angry yet collected voice ordered from behind me.

She took two steps away from me, looking behind me almost as if she was waiting for that person. She smiled at them, before looking back at me.

"He's here." She whispered, psychotically excitingly to me.

He walked closer, and Greyson's tall, sturdy figure was in my sight. He glanced at me, before his face turned to the crazy lady.

"Whoever you may be. I'm ordering you right now, to let her go. Don't make me force it." He spoke slowly, his eyes focused hard on her. She glanced between him and I. His fists clenched, and I saw his eyes shifting between gray and golden, and I knew his wolf was waiting to take over.

"Now that your knight in shining armor had arrived, it means our time together is over." She said, faking a sad face. I felt the sweat forming on my back, and I held in my cry.