💐Jacqueline & the flower wall💐 Pt 1

Jacqueline

I was lost in a daze watching the gorgeous countryside passing me by on my way to a mansion that was tucked away in the majestic countryside. I had been given the unbelievable opportunity of assisting a wealthy elderly couple less than a week ago.

They needed aid with simple tasks and wanted a more personal relationship with someone of my age. Oddly enough it was a must that I still possess my "innocence" and have no suitors in my life.

When put bluntly, they wanted a virgin without ties to the opposite sex, which I  had never actually had a serious boyfriend with my entire life revolving around my father and keeping our small business afloat. I had always been absolutely fine with my life as it is. Relationships just seem to complicate things and I did just fine without any of that mess.

These folks just wanted someone that would be focused on the job at hand, instead of a girl with her head up in the clouds running about to meet up with a guy at all times of the day & night.

A nice way of saying they didn't want a shameless hussy for an employee.

I just prayed they weren't out to use me as some type of offering in a sacrifice. Yes I found this to be a sketchy request, yet I didn't question it, since this job payed extremely well and I had been given a bonus beforehand. A very substantial bonus to say the least, which would take care of my father and our small cafe's expenses for the next few months while I was away.

I couldn't refuse this blessing since our cafe was in dire straits right now and in danger of being taken by that wicked sonofabitch owner. I could not allow that to happen if I was capable of doing something to prevent it.

My father had poured his life into the cafe and it was everything to him since my mother's sudden passing a couple years ago. It was the only thing he had left of her to hold on to.

She had loved the small cafe where the regulars had become like family to us. I just could not see it fall into the selfish hands of that rotund, bald owner when we almost had it payed off. I would do what I had to do to keep it, even if it meant taking a job with ridiculous qualifications which I was headed to at this very moment.

I'd have to admit that the countryside I was so absorbed in right now was absolutely stunning. Rolling hills and mountains that seem to rise into the heavens. Meadows that looked like an ocean of flowers moving in the breeze with vibrantly colored waves.

I was sitting in the back of a fancy sleek black car that had been sent right to my door in the city to personally deliver me to the couple I'd be working for. I sat mesmerized by the Beauty and tranquility of these new surroundings and anxious to reach my destination and begin a new journey in life.

The car came to a stop ten minutes later and the door opened . I stepped out looking up at the intimidating home. I stood in complete awe of its size. Pristine roses and perfectly manicured bushes caught my attention  as I was led to the large front doors that opened before me.

An older maid stood in the center of the doorway, looking as though she were a palace guard protecting the holy grail. She spoke politely welcoming me and stepping aside so I could enter.

_______________________

After I had sat with the couple that looked very well for their ages, and was told what my duties would entail. My duties would consist of running errands, setting up appointments. A little of this and a little of that. Oh and the one I loved the most, collecting flowers and caring for the garden and greenhouse they had on their vast property. I loved flowers and gardening which I didn't get to do with living in the city. Watching things grow into something so lovely from such a small seedling or root had always fascinated me.