3

Salazar

Alexandra!

If I was a human, my breathing would have hitched when I saw her look towards me—the same gorgeous chocolaty eyes. The same way of furrowing of her brows when she was confused, the way her lips part when she is anxious. The only difference was the tip of her hair; it was of some disgusting color, spoiling her brown locks' beauty.

I raised my hand to touch her; however, the mirror shifted at the precise moment. The next I saw was my reflection instead of Alexandra.

"Where did she go?" I growled and grabbed that old man by his neck.

"His Grace!" he choked and was struggling in my hold.

"Answer now!" I threw him against the wall, making him fall to the ground.

I was so close to my love, and before I knew it, she was gone, just like she was gone 20 years ago. And like before, I couldn't stop her from leaving. I knew that my eyes would have turned red with fury by now, something I find as a weakness in our lot. They change with emotions, and that makes it easier for others to gauge our mood.

"His Grace, the Lady is in a different world now. The Eternal Lord chose her destiny, and I'm a mere wizard who could show you the window," he replied, rubbing his throat.

"Do you think I care about the Eternal Lord?" I asked, gritting my teeth.

"I told you one wrong move, and the consequence will be fatal," I said before moving towards him.

"His Grace! You gave me your words," so this human was outsmarting me and bound me with my words.

"True, I said I will not touch you, but did I say someone else can't kill you?" I asked with a raised brow, and he paled.

"Lord Salazar," he whispered in dread.

"If I remember it correctly, you said you will help me find her, and in return, I would spare you," I said, standing before his trembling body and added, "And you didn't keep your bargain."

"His Grace, Xavier is helpless. He can only show you where the Lady is, but he can't help you in getting her," the old man, Xavier, said.

"When you could show me her, why can't you tell me how to get her? Do you take me as a fool, wizard?" I sneered and showed him my canines.

"His Grace, please believe Xavier. I can show you what the Eternal Lord chose for us, but I can't change it. What you are asking me is against the act of the Eternal Lord. Lady is in a different time and world. Getting her in our time will disrupt his orders."

"Either you tell me how to get her, or you can say your last prayers," I said.

I was determined to get my Alexandra, even if it means I had to go against the Eternal Lord.

"The Lady doesn't remember you; even if you try, she won't remember about you or her past life," Xavier replied, and that was the last straw to my patience.

I grabbed him by his neck and pulled him up from the ground. Sticking out my fangs, I said, "I don't care about my words to you now."

Before I could rip his throat, he shrieked, "I will help you."

"And what makes you think I will believe you this time?" I said, pulling away from him.

"May The Eternal Lord take away my power if I go back on my words and bluff Lord Salazar," he vowed. In our times, words are like vows. As a vampire, I could let go of their essence, but humans take their words as bound.

"Speak," I ordered, but I didn't let go of him.

"There...there is a gateway to the future but—" Xavier said, I interrupted him, "but what?"

"It opens only for a few seconds, and I have never performed a complicated magic of that level before," he said, panting.

"And?" I know he wanted to say more.

"The world on the other side is different than ours; you have to make sure to blend in," he said, looking at me with terrified eyes. I know he was sincere, but I would take the risk for my love.

"Let's go," I ordered and loosen my grip on his neck.

Xavier was walking before me and didn't see me sending a summon to my trusted guard, Kingsley.

We got deeper into the woods where no human could even manage to walk without getting hunted by wild beasts lurking around for their food. If not for my presence, Xavier would have already been attacked and feasted on. The midnight moon was shining brightly while the air around was getting denser.

If my heart was not dead, it would be beating rapidly, thinking of meeting my Alexandra. I was eager to hold her body close to me, to feel her breath, to make love to her again.

"His Grace," Xavier called me out, avoiding to look into my eyes, and I knew what he was going to say was not up to my liking.

"Speak."

"His Grace, your intrusion into the future world will affect the time. And with the change in the future, our present will also get affected," he said, and I had to contain my urge to shut his mouth forever. However, he was the only key that would make me meet my love after a wait for 20 long years.

"I will think about it when it happens."

Soon I heard the gushing of water, and we reached an enormous waterfall. There was nothing unusual about it, and I narrowed my eyes, looking at trembling Xavier with skepticism.

"I have to recite the spell to open it," he answered my unspoken question.

"How do you know about this gateway to the future?" I asked. I couldn't make myself trust the old fox.

"I read about it in our sacred scrolls. We wizards have to keep looking in the future to see any threat to our community," he replied. At that instance, Kingsley appears following my talisman's charm.

Xavier paled, looking at his beastly form, and turned towards me in panic.

"He will keep an eye on you in my absence."