9

Alexis

Perfect grey orbs stare back at me, and I couldn't avert my gaze from him. I couldn't drop my gaze to look at his face; his orbs held so much that I felt if I kept looking, he would be able to control my soul.

"Pleasure to meet you," as soon as he said, my sanity kicked in, and I focussed on the drink.

Why did he sound familiar? If I heard him speak in some quiet place, maybe I could have recollected where I heard his voice; however, it was a difficult task with the club's loud music.

"Isn't that pick-up line outdated already?" I asked him, turning myself towards him over the swiveling stool.

What came into my view now was not a human; at least with his hot looks and personality, I could only conclude he is not human. How can a guy be so handsome yet charming? Like me, I noticed females in the club were mesmerized with his aura and shamelessly checking him out in front of their guys.

His perfect face, holding the piercing grey orbs, could put any female on her knees. The bold brows and the roman nose complimented his razor-sharp cheekbones. His platinum blonde smoothes into a classic quiff making his strong jawline more prominent. His lips moved fluidly when he was talking, and it was difficult for me not to gawk at him.

Ok, he was unusually handsome, and like me, the other females held the same opinion. Still, handsome men are never my cup of tea. Honestly, I don't even know if I want a man in my life right now.

"Chivalry is never outdated," he replied in his husky voice, drawing my attention back to his eyes. He leaned his forearms on the counter and directly stared into my eyes.

I was so lost checking out his face that I didn't notice his body when I first saw him.

I knew he was tall but what astonished me was his physique. His classic white shirt perfectly fitted his sculpted body, and his toned forearms peeping through his rolled-over sleeves was only accentuating his handsomeness.

No harm in spending time with him, especially if it could irk a lot of women. Moreover, I was sure Diana would be taking the time.

"Ah, a gentleman?" I replied with my raised brow.

"Comes natural whenever I see a lady," he replied.

"Doesn't this gentleman have a name?" I asked when I saw a girl deliberately standing close to him.

I was enjoying his attention on me while she was trying hard to make him look at her.

"Czar and you?" he asked, forwarding his hand.

"Alexis," I replied; however, the moment my skin came in contact with his cold hand, I couldn't help jerk with the current that ran through me.

I knew he noticed me, and to divert him, I asked, "Czar as in emperor?" with an awkward laugh.

"Yes," Czar replied, twirling the glass the bartender placed before him.

"Do you know him?" he asked out of the blue, pointing towards the busy bartender, to which I shook my head. Something changed in his demeanor when he was looking at the poor guy.

I don't know whether it was my illusion or the club's light was playing a trick, but I felt I saw his pupil turn red for a split second. Something was off about this guy suddenly, and my sanity demanded me to stay away from him.

"I better get going, my friend is waiting for me," without waiting for his reply, and to my luck, he didn't follow me.

I was about to exit the club when Diana came in and dragged me towards a booth. From there, I could have a clear view of the bar counter, and I noticed the counter was empty while Czar was nowhere to be seen.