Chapter 7

Lisa was able to convince Jennie to take a few days off a week into Ella's summer vacation so that the three of them could go to Busan to spend weekend with Bom at the beach. Rosé, Jisoo and Hayul were invited too, and while she was feeling a little anxious about missing a few days of work, Jennie was beyond excited to have some good quality family time away from the city for a little while.

It had already been a hectic morning by the time the three of them finally located their seats on the train to Busan the following week. Jennie had spent the majority of the morning throwing up, leaving Lisa in a slight rush to try and get everything ready on her own. They had been in such a hurry that she had told Ella to just throw on whatever she wanted, but in hindsight it maybe wasn't the best idea. She was dressed in a full body bright blue stitch onesie complete with a hood and everything, although neither one of them were in the mood to argue with her, and if she was comfortable in it then who were they to judge her fashion choices.

By the time the train finally pulled out of the station and the journey began, Ella was already over eager to get there and Jennie had a feeling they were in for a long few hours. They had reserved a table seat and the three of them piled into the little booth as Oreo lay down at their feet after Lisa set all of their bags into the overheard space.

"Hey mommy?" Ella asked as she unstrapped her sneakers and tossed them onto the ground before making herself comfortable in the seat.

"Yeah babe?" Jennie replied as she rummaged around in her purse looking for the snacks that she had packed for the trip.

"Can I play the iPad please?" she questioned politely, flashing Jennie her sweetest smile in the hopes that it would help sway her answer.

"Yeah baby, just give me a second." Jennie told her as she continued to frantically search for the food in her ridiculously large purse. She felt as though she would die if she didn't find her sandwich soon.

"I'll get it munchkin." Lisa smiled as she stood up, flashing Jennie a questioning look before she held a hand out for her purse. Jennie passed it over and Lisa immediately located the box of snacks as well as the iPad and passed them over to each of her girls. "Here you go."

"Ugh, thank you so much." Jennie sighed gratefully as she began unwrapping her sandwich and taking an embarrassingly large bite out of it.

"Thanks mom." Ella replied happily as she passed over her headphones too and immediately plugged them in.

"You doing okay?" Lisa asked with a hint of amusement as she eyed Jennie hungrily devouring her sandwich.

"Mhfm." Jennie nodded in reply.

"She's definitely my kid, huh?" she laughed, reaching out to gently rest a hand on the soft swell of Jennie's stomach hidden mostly by her loose fitted shirt, although she knew it wouldn't be much longer until she was unable to hide it at all.

"Most definitely." Jennie smiled in reply.

By the time the train pulled up in Busan they were all extremely eager to get off. Ella was growing restless and Jennie's back was beginning to ache from sitting in the seat for so long. Despite her protests, Lisa insisted on taking all of the luggage so that Jennie wouldn't have to carry it and it wasn't long before the three of them were stepping onto the platform.

"Hold on to my hand babe." Jennie told Ella as they started walking through the busy crowds in the direction of the exit. She had Ella's hand in one of her own and Oreo's leash in the other as Lisa held onto all of their bags. It was a little difficult to maneuver through the crowds whilst all sticking together, but they managed to reach the exit without losing anyone.