"sixteen"

❛ cute confessions and outrageous outbursts. ❜

"𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. It's pathetic." Mia's mind had been preoccupied with the thought of the tall and attractive boy for hours on end.

It was the day after the girl had found out about Embry imprinting on her, and she was currently sat on Billy Blacks back porch with an unhappy Paul, who she had dragged away from the other boys who were play fighting a few metres away. She was waiting on the Call boy to turn up to talk about their 'situation' but soon became bored of watching the pack play around when she wasn't allowed to join in because she was human.

The girl had been chatting Paul's ear off about the teen boy as he was the only person to know besides Emily - something which he soon regretted as he didn't think he could hear another word about his friends 'dreamy eyes' and 'perfect body'.

"You can do better." The Lahote boy mumbled before he groaned out at the smack he received from the girl sat beside him. Mia didn't take any notice of the boy's comment as she knew he didn't really mean it; he just saw the girl as a sister and didn't like the thought of anyone going near her romantically.

"I know I completely freaked out yesterday when you told me, but Emily convinced me to give it a go. I mean, what's the worst that could happen." The girl stated as she tried not to go back on her previous words. She felt stupid for being so dramatic yesterday, so she quickly put her anxieties behind her as she didn't want to overthink, yet again.

"You end up kissing, which leads to sex, which leads to getting pregnant, then you end up dropping out of school. Do you want me to continue?" Paul unhappily replied to her question as he closely watched the boys ahead of him.

Mia went to roll her eyes and snarkily speak back against the boy's incorrect statement, but once she saw a figure coming out behind the tree line, she was quick to push Paul away and usher the taller teen over. Embry's face pulled into a bright smile once he made his way over the girl who was still sitting on the porch. Jacob, Jared and Sam all gave him strange looks as he passed them, but luckily the Lahote boy distracted them with his loud personality.

"Hey." The two spoke out in unison once they sat next to one another. Both teens faces went red at the slightly awkward encounter, and it took them both a few seconds for one of them to speak up.

"I don't like lying to them." Mia sighed out as she watched the pack wrestle in front of her. The Call boy nodded in agreement as even though he would surely get dirty looks and sent on patrol for the rest of his teen years if the truth were to come out about him imprinting, the boys were some of his best friends, and he was secretly desperate to tell them.

Embry opened his mouth to reply. However, he was caught off guard once he turned to look at the girl. He didn't know what it was at that moment, but just her sitting there, face slightly flushed, eyes bright with happiness as she looked at her 'brothers' - he thought she looked beautiful. And unfortunately for the teen, he couldn't seem to keep his thoughts to himself whenever he was around the girl.

"My God, you're so cute... Um, sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud. It's just my heart hurts when I look at you. And, god, I didn't mean to jump into this so quickly, but I know you keep saying that we're friends, but you look at me for a moment too long for that to be true. I think so anyway." The boy stuttered out as he finally felt confident enough to tell the girl what he thought. But before he could stop and get a reply, he continued.

"But that's not the point, um, oh god. The thing is. I just want you to be happy. Even if your happiness doesn't include me, I just want you happy."

It was when he finished he finally noticed his eyesight had somehow been averted down to his twiddling hands as the habit seemed to appear whenever he was nervous. A small hand on top of his caused him to whip his eyes up to the sweet ones opposite him. A small, kind smirk was placed upon the girl's face, and Embry couldn't help but smile back out of instinct.

"Em... Breath." The girls spoke out as she tried to calm her own beating heart at the confession. It took her a few moments to collect her thoughts as she thought about what she really wanted. She soon concluded that a life without Embry seemed wrong, even if they hadn't known each other that long.

As a young girl, she had been told about soulmates' stories and how they would impact your life almost immediately, but as she didn't know about the supernatural back them, she was quick to call bullshit. But sitting in front of the boy who put his heart out on his sleeve for her, she knew the nagging in the back of her head was right, and she wanted to give it at least a go with the kind boy.

So with a glance over to the pack who were paying absolutely no attention to the duo as Jared had just mooned Paul, which caused them to all burst out laughing, Mia tenderly placed her hand upon Embry's smooth face and leaned in. The kiss was short. Just two lips touching for a split moment which could be called innocent at how gentle and soft it was. But both teens lips tingled slightly at the sensation, and Embry's head had almost gone to mush at how perfect his first kiss was.

"Does that mean, you um, like me?" The boy almost coughed out as he didn't know what to say in such a situation. He did feel slightly disappointed once the girl had pulled her hand away from his face, and he felt like he could stay in that position for hours on end. But once a small giggle made its way out of Mia's mouth, his attention was back on her lips, and all he wanted to do was press his against hers again.

"Yes, Embry, I do like you. Do you, God, this feels so seventh grade. Do you, do you like me?" Mia laughed as she tried to shake the embarrassment of the question away. The Call boy was quick to open his mouth and reply. However, the loud footsteps of an angry looking Bella Swan caught them off guard. The pale-faced girl came rushing out of the Black household as she spotted the large tribal tattoo that adorned Jacobs's arm. She was raging. Both Mia and Embry quickly followed the girl who had stormed up to the four men in anguish.

"What did you do to him!" Bella almost screamed out as she harshly pushed Sam back, who hardly moved from his spot. Mia went out to grab the girl as she knew how dangerous an angry wolf could get, but she was soon stopped as instinctively, Embry was quick to grab the girl's arm in fears she would get hurt.

But it ended up not being Mia who he should be worried about, as once a sarcastic laugh stumbled out of Pauls's mouth at one of the girl's statements, a harsh slap from Bella soon caused the hot-headed boy to shift and lunge towards her in complete wolf form. A scream was heard from the Swan girl at the secret of another supernatural creature coming to light, but all Mia could hear was Embry's small comment which made her scowl at him slightly.

"Is this a bad time to tell you I like you back, or?"

o. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞.