"six"

❛ love at first sight. ❜

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐲 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭

𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐲 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭. Whenever Billy, Emily or even Sam would talk about the legends of the soulmates, the young teenager would intently listen almost immediately.

He didn't know it was whether because he had always had trouble with getting a girlfriend due to his slightly awkward nature or the fact that he didn't want to end up growing up alone as his mom did. But the thought of always having someone there excited him considerably. What he never expected was to find them so soon, and especially someone so close to the pack.

Embry woke up that fateful morning with a spring in his step and a wide grin on his face, which wasn't unusual for the happy spirited teen. Still, today felt different for the boy. He felt like something big would happen - what he didn't expect it to be was him finding his soulmate.

The day was typical for the teen, go over to Sam and Emily's, patrol the forest for a few hours and then either chill out on the beach with the pack or try and catch a late dinner with his mom after she came home from work at the small souvenir shop that was on First Beach.

However, instead of either of these two things, once the boy had woken up early on that Sunday morning and ran around the woods until the late afternoon, he, along with the pack, ended up going cliff jumping before they were due at Emily's for dinner.

The cold waves instantly hit Embry as he dove into the ocean for what seemed like the hundredth time. The dark-haired teen loved whenever Sam suggested that the boys jumped into the icy water as all the wolves body temperatures ran unusually high. The activity always seemed to cool them down.

Once above the water, both himself and Jared were quick to swim back to the shore and race each other back up the cliff, but once the two didn't hear the usual banter of the rest of their pack following them into the water, they were fast to wonder why.

"I bet Jay and Paul had another argument again about who can jump higher," Jared snorted out at the thought of the two arguing about something stupid, yet again. Embry was just about to reply to his friend when it happened; he looked into her eyes.

The boy always thought that when he met his imprint that the world around him would stop, that time would pause, and everyone around them would disappear.

But that didn't happen, as while he looked into Mia's deep brown eyes, all he felt was heat burning within in stomach and a dizzy feeling in his head. Embry once read that a soulmate is not someone who comes into your life peacefully. That it's someone who makes you question things, someone who changes your reality, someone that marks a before and after in your life. It is not the human being everyone has idealised but an ordinary person who manages to revolutionise your world in a second.

And as the boy looked at the brunette from where he stood a few feet away from her, he knew that this was the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, whether that was being a friend, a shoulder to cry on or hopefully, a lover. However, this was all unknown to the girl as even if it seemed like hours that Embry was staring at the girl, to her and the rest of the pack, it was only a few seconds and didn't seem to raise any suspicions as to him imprinting on the girl.

"Embry, this is Mia, Mia, Embry," Jay quickly introduced the two once he realised that neither of them had met before due to his niece's busy schedule.

"Why is she bleeding?" Embry blurted out once he had finally looked away from Mia's face and took in her whole stance, something which made him feel rather hot as her tight tank top and jeans worked in her favour to show off her figure.

"Because she's an idiot." Paul promptly replied, which he paired along with a teasing nudge to the girl who only scowled at the man's comment.

"I didn't realise idiocy caused people just to start bleeding spontaneously from the hand." Mia scoffed out as she began to follow the pack's remaining members, who had decided to make their way back to the Uley household.

Due to the girl's short legs and inability to smell Emily's fantastic cooking, she had been left at the back of the group of men, something which Embry didn't like, so he quickly tried to drop back from where he walked next to Jared discreetly.

But Mia had always noticed small things that people did, and the kind gesture to not walk alone put a slight blush on the girls face as she was only ever used to teasing and being treated as 'one of the boys' by any of the male species she associated herself with.

With small glances at one another and many times of Embry opening his mouth to start a conversation only to stop himself, the pack were soon at Sams house and had begun piling themselves in.

"Nobody is fighting anybody. I mean it, I just cleaned!" Emily shouted once the usual argument started up between the boys as to where they were sitting at the dinner table. Mia giggled as she watched her uncle and Sam fake wrestle each other over one of the dining chairs, but her laughter soon stopped once Emily asked her to go out to the fire pit area and grab a spare chair or two.

"But it's cold out there!" The girl complained with a stomp of her foot to help emphasise her point of not wanting to spend any more time outside. Both Paul and Jared mocked the girl for having to do Emily's dirty work, but once the older woman opened her mouth to scold the two, they were quick to look away like lost puppies.

"Embry, can you go help her?" Emily questioned once all her pack boys had calmed down from their excitement of smelling their dinner for the night. The Call boy felt exhilaration throughout his body, and it seemed like he couldn't nod fast enough to the woman's question, that was until he covered up his eagerness with a cough when Paul gave him a strange look.

This prompted Embry to quickly go back outside as even though he wasn't ashamed at having Mia as his imprint, the fact that she was Jay's niece and a respected member of the pack made him slightly anxious to tell anyone about their connection - especially the girl it concerned as he didn't want to mess anything up.

Embry was too caught up in his thoughts to notice the duo had already made the short walk to where the spare chairs were, and Mia was currently awkwardly waiting for the boy to pick up the other one.

"Are you okay?" Was what finally brought the boy out of his internal battle as to when he should tell the girl next to him about them being imprinted. The boy looked over at Mia, who had a light blush on her face due to trying to get the boys attention for the last few minutes and not succeeding, but once he finally did, the girl let out a small smile at how his face brightened up once his eyes landed on her.

And from that moment on, Embry promised himself that he would do whatever he could in life to be able to make the girl oppose him smile because that smile alone made him fall in love with her.

o. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲.