The Elitists of Ravenscroft

Madilyn

September 18th, 2021

The meeting was supposed to be happening anytime now. I glanced down at my gold Rolex on my right arm, trying to see how long we have been waiting. Tonight's theme was Viridian, of course; we always had a Viridian theme once a month; a play on the spelling of the Veridian Society. I decided to put on a fancy Viridian green Valentino dress with a wavy hemline, thin sheer sleeves that showed my skin underneath. I paired my dress with simple gold Cartier earring hoops and a gold Tiffany & Co. necklace with a little heart charm on it. I decided to wear my red bottoms, even though they absolutely kill my feet. But I had to look my absolute best at these meetings. It didn't matter how rich you were; there will always be somebody here who's richer. And at the moment, that's Diana Chambers. The outfits she wears to these meetings are insanely gorgeous, let alone expensive. I doubt she would ever wear anything that wasn't in style. I have a sneaking suspicion she only wears her outfits once and throws them away. I have never seen her wear an outfit twice, or maybe her closet is just that big. I don't really know much about her because she doesn't hang out at these meetings. She has an agenda and won't let anything get in the way. I've tried speaking to her on occasion, complementing her shoes or her outfit, but all I get is a nod and a smile before she disappears to wherever.

I'm trying to make my way to my friends Cassandra and Vivian. We all live in Ravenscroft together, and we're practically neighbors. I see Cassandra standing to the far left of the building, looking just as nice as I am, with her Viridian green Chanel dress that has ruffles all along her chest and hem. Paired with all designer silver jewelry and red bottoms, just like mine. It was stunning, but she always was. She was absolutely gorgeous, but I envied Vivian. She is one of the few black women here, but she is one of the most gorgeous people I have ever met in my life. She wears designer clothing and jewelry, but she rarely wears any makeup and rocks her natural hair effortlessly. She is so naturally beautiful; she doesn't need the help. She never has any trouble talking to the guys here; they all practically want her. I don't know if I'm friends with her because of Cassandra or to try and see how to become her. She's dark-skinned, has naturally curly dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and a slim body shape. She is who the Kardashians want to look like. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just her world and we are just living in it. Now her dress is a Viridian green Fendi dress, with the signature F's going up and down her dress. After gawking at her appearance, I catch up to them.

"I am so excited for tonight's meeting; I heard three new boys are coming from Amsterdam!" I said, my eyes beaming with excitement. I was getting tired of the boys that were already here, and I'm ready for some fresh faces. The boys that are here currently are Jasper Jeffries, Elliot Musgrave, Quinten Campbell, Jacob Rylan, and Justin Dolloway. There were a lot more boys, just not as high profile as them. Out of the mix, Chandler Winston was nowhere to be found; and wherever they were, Chandler was always with them. But I know some of the boys are gone because last week we had an elimination round which we all dread. No one ever knew if you were going to be eliminated. The only way we know is that they simply don't show up to the meetings anymore. Nobody knows how or why they are eliminated, which always freaks us out. We get no explanation, just that a few of our members have been eliminated and that they will be replaced. It's sad to think that we could easily be replaced like we don't truly matter to them. It seems like a game at times, where we are the pawns at the dealer's hand.

"I'm trying to be excited," Vivian explains with a plain look on her face. "Ken would've loved seeing new boys here; she was practically trying to manifest it."

Ken was a part of our friend group before she got eliminated a few weeks ago. She was the glue that bonded us all together. She was pretty, funny, and smart. She had straight brown hair that went past her shoulders, rosy cheeks, and barely noticeable freckles. She always wore the newest Chanel and Cartier Jewelry. Ken was the last person I expected to be eliminated because everyone loved her. But she started getting into some stuff that we warned her was not a good idea. But as persistent as she is, she went through with it anyways. She started questioning the higher-ups' intentions of the society which they explicitly forbid us from doing per the Viridian guidelines and regulations. You never question their methods, practices, or reasoning for anything. But Ken being Ken, she did what she wanted to. Now, we don't even know where she is, and we are forbidden to ask.