Chapter 5: Ianuae Magicae

After getting to her base after the traumatising event, Nevaeh decided she was going to think as little about what happened as little as possible. She would've taken Chirp out of his pod, but he would be concerned. He had to not think anything was up, or he'd remind her of it for the rest of their lives.

     It was the next day, around 2:00 AM. She was going to go to the Grassland to see why access was delayed. Yeah, it was dangerous and was probably just delayed due to construction, but still. This was more of a personal thing than anything else.

     She snuck out and walked to the town center, listening if the commotion was still going on. If it weren't for the street lanterns, she wouldn't know where she was going. She was careful not to be seen, although all the protesters and guards had left, and replaced it with a sign that said "PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK". She guessed they finished whatever was going on.

     She reluctantly walked up to the teleporter, making small steps and wondering whether this was worth it or not. She went on the teleporter, and selected the Grassland world on a small panel near the rim of the plate. She looked down and saw a symbol etched onto the ground, it began to glow blue. She felt her head and her hands begin to drift up into the beacon the teleporter lit up. She was drifting off onto another world.

-----

(a/n: Sorry for the short chapter! My plan is to go through all these before I release the next PotS book and re-edit, when I do that, I'll try to make this chapter longer!)