34

After their heartfelt conversation, her parents took it upon themselves to spend the rest of the weekend with Honey. Her mother explained that the conversation they shared was a wake up call for them. Despite how reckless and dangerous Honey's actions were. They felt responsible to some extent.

They still viewed Honey as just a kid who was going to make mistakes and bad decisions here and there. As her parents they were meant to guide her, offer advice and enforce parental authority. They believed that if they shared a closer bond and paid more attention to her. Honey would've never took matters into her own hands and dealt with the entire situation alone. They should've been able to immediately detect if something was wrong. They were supposed to be in tune with their child's emotions.

Honey was loss for words because she never looked at it quite like that. She always took full blame and responsibility for her actions. However, a small part of her had to agree with the fact that she would've never done what she did if she felt comfortable enough to talk to her parents about it. Their guidance would've been helpful.

Overall, the effort and time they spent together put a warm feeling in Honey's heart. She feel closer to them than ever before. They were her parents and she loved them so much. She was willing to grant them a clean slate and start over new.

Due to how Honey was feeling, she ended up calling her best friend as well and made things right with her. Honey didn't want to fight with the people she loved the most anymore. She wanted to move on from it and do her part by loving, caring and being there for them.

Monday approached much faster than she expected. For the first time ever, she wasn't dreading going to school. She even woke up an hour early to make herself match how good she was feeling on the inside. She straightened her hair, did her make up and wore the new outfit she was gifted for Christmas. It was a light brown trench coat, decorated with a black knitted scarf, a white turtleneck paired with blue jeans and fur boats. Honey wanted to be cute and warm. Honey can't remember the last time she even tried to look decent for school.

Honey pursed her lips as she reapplied her bubblegum lip gloss. Her eyes swept over her outfit in deep thought. "Ah ha! That's what is missing." She murmured to herself as she put her pearl earrings in. She flipped her honey blonde hair over her shoulders and smoothened out any strand out of place. Satisfied with her appearance she slung her backpack over her shoulder as she exited her room to meet Royce in her driveway.

Despite how things went down at the New Years Eve party. Honey wasn't going to hold it against Royce and be awkward around him. At the end of the day, he couldn't control himself from getting excited. It was just a dance that Honey begged him for. He didn't overstep his boundaries. Out of all the guy friends she's ever had. He was the only one that respected her and never attempted to take it further just because they were members of the opposite sex.

Honey hummed happily as she bounced down the creaky stairs. Her house was abnormally quiet at nearly 8am. Honey figured her dad had already left for work and her mom was catching up on sleep after being up all night with her baby brother Elijah. But that didn't explain where the rest of her siblings were.

Honey shrugged while grabbing a breakfast bar and her hot chocolate from the counter before heading out the door. She was thankful she took some time out to make her a hot beverage as she finished getting ready because it was bitterly cold outside. She felt like turned into an icicle as soon she left the warmth of her house. The slight purplish hue on her fingertips had her digging into her pockets to retrieve her knitted gloves. How is that possible? I literally just walked outside.