17: a rendezvous with zenitsu agatsuma

electrifying | kimetsu no yaiba

chapter seventeen
a rendezvous with zenitsu agatsuma

The sunset was about to disappear into the darkness of the night, and (y/n) admired the view with Tsuyuri at her side. They were exposed to the estate's beautiful flower courtyard, sitting on the porch as they basked themselves in hues of purple and pink.

"Sunsets are charming," Kanao expressed her admiration through the gestures of her sign language as she faced to (y/n). The young teenager with the wisteria hairpin giggled, making invisible fist pumps in the air. "Yes, they are!" (y/n) replied with a thumbs up.

Kanao Tsuyuri is an unpredictable girl. She has so many emotions and words to say, and yet no one could ever figure out what was on her mind. It was like people were playing a game of Guess Who but they always ended up losing. But at least (y/n) didn't mind; she understood the silent flower with a sincere heart. With many burdens to bear and many choices to decide, the teenager knew what it feels like to carry such a heavy responsibility.

Although she has not completely deciphered the code, that's what (y/n) assumed. Looking at the sky, turning into a deep indigo, she thought about her own problems, and how she also preferred to keep them silent no matter how difficult they felt on her.

(y/n) brushed off the dirt of her yukata as soon as she stood up on her feet. It was already time for dinner, and so she would be taking off to the infirmary to feast her own meal with the boys there. She looked at Kanao, who was spacing out as always.

"It's time for dinner, Tsuyuri-chan," (y/n) emphasized her words as she gestured her hands for the girl to understand, "I'm going to eat with the newcomers in the infirmary. Would you like to join me, too?"

With the question in mind, Kanao scavenged underneath her milky white cape, and brought out a coin in her hand. Carefully adjusting the position of the coin, the girl with the side ponytail tossed it into the air before making quite a good catch. She ended up with tails being her outcome, and starts shaking her head  to (y/n)'s invitation.

"Is this because of the boy?" (y/n) started teasing Kanao out of nowhere, shifting into a situation where a mother is teasing her child about their newfound crush. Of course, she was referring to Tanjiro, and Kanao unexpectedly uses her cape to hide her flushing pink face. (y/n) found it very cute.

"It's okay, Tsuyuri-chan!" reassured (y/n) by leaning in closer to give her a gentle pat on the shoulders while the silent girl blushed madly under her covers, "You chose well. He has a good heart and a good forehead."

She let Kanao on her own after consoling her. She entered back into the house, and made haste to the kitchen where Aoi and the other girls were preparing fried tempura and teriyaki meals for the patients at the infirmary. (y/n) proceeds to lend her hand to help the girls deliver the bento boxes to the clinic. While doing so, she also alerted them about Kanao's state at the flower courtyard; thus, Kiyo, the youngster in red accessories, was the one to walk out and serve her the meal. Aoi, Sumi and Naho remained with (y/n) as they carefully balanced the boxes on the way to the destination.

Upon entering and providing everyone with their bentos, the three ladies went their way out of the room. Before that could happen, (y/n) insisted on joining. Of course, because of the duties they still have at the estate, they respectfully dismissed her offer, and walked out anyways. Though, Aoi's rejection was probably an excuse to avoid seeing anyone in the clinic other than Tanjiro, who is the easiest to handle. The blonde man and the boar? They were quite a ruckus for her.

"Thank you for the meal!" Tanjiro clapped his hands in prayer, accompanied by Nezuko's muffled sound of approval. He started nibbling softly on the teriyaki meat ("It's so good!" he exclaimed) while his younger sister drew circles and shapes, with her small fingers, on the covers of his bed.