8 - Power or Superpower 💪

I was so astonished by the turn of the events that i couldn't do anything except to stare at him dumbfounded..

"What?? You want me to apologize to you? But I did nothing wrong to apologize for.."

He slowly uncrossed his arms and bent his body toward me and kept his palms on my desk. Our eyes were in straight line. His cold greys trying to intimidate my brilliant blacks. But now there is a tinge of blue there.. how could these eyes change colour like that...

Wow!

Trying to distract my mind from those set of dreamy eyes, i lowered my gaze to his barely moving lips.. Big mistake!

His lips are too pink for a guy... I mean i never seen a man's lips up close so I'm not sure if this is normal.

Maybe he is using lip balm... Does he smoke? Nahhh... Not with lips like that...I hope!

Suddenly those lips were tightened into a thin line. Wha?? I reluctantly raised my eyes to his eyes again.

"Concentrate Miss Emerson... On the words... not.on.the.person..." he said while grinding his teeth.

Bad Gracey.. Bad Gracey..Very Bad... You just got caught checking him out!

"I'm sorry sir...ahhmm.. you were saying.."

"Miss Emerson, are you are aware of the fact that you shouted at your boss's partner in front of everyone, openly defied your boss for expecting perfection and may I ask you something out of curiosity who is that jerk you said you have to handle everyday?"

Oh my God.. He heard what I said at the carpark this morning. I'm in BIG trouble.

"I wasn't refering to anyone when i said Jerk in this office.." i mumbled.

"Well then may I know who is that jerk?"

"I don't mean anyone specifically you see..."

"Oh really?" He asked his eyebrow raised.

"Ehemmm... ahh.. I'm sorry Mr. Javion.. sir.. for.. the inconvenience i caused. I promise I'll not repeat the mistakes again."

He lifted his both eyebrows as if suprised then he looked disappointed. But masked his expression before i could interpret what it meant. For few seconds he stood there watching me. I started to rearrange things on my desk as i felt uncomfortable by his gaze. In a flash he left my cabin. Without a backward glance he told me to arrange his schedules for the day.

Wheeewww... That went well.. my head is heavy.. I seriously need coffee and lollipop...

_____________________________________________

JJJ's pov

Why did she give up so easily.. I was expecting some denials and more accusations but she apologized just like that.. hmmm.. maybe she is scared that I'll fire her or something.. she proved herself to more challenging than i thought possible.. from the first day i came here i can't stop thinking about her. She is stubborn, annoying, disrespectful, charismatic, beautiful, fun to argue with besides making wonderful coffee...

I chuckled.. wow this is new. I can't stop my wayward thoughts. I was planning on leaving this office in a month.. but even 2 days proved to be more enjoyable than the months i spent in my previous offices. Maybe I'll have fun taming the angry bird.. perfect name for a perfect girl...

Did she really find me attractive?? I didn't hear the whole thing but only about looks and rotten heart.. Ouch, that hurts..

I have came across a alot of women who throw themselves at me, appraise or openly flirt with me and did every silly things to get my attention... so many proposals for affairs and marriages.. but none if them ever tempted me even to consider them... Until now...

From the way she stares at me i know she find me attractive. What made me intrigued was the way she strain to control those seeking ebony eyes and expressions. What's more is i feel content when she glimpse at me like that... I like her attention on me.. there is something satisfying in the way she admire me... Even if she doesn't want to show it...

She surely knows how to express her thoughts out loud, i chuckled recalling the way she was talking to herself while pacing in her cabin. When I first looked at her, i felt my heart dangerously started to beat faster as if.... As if ... I don't know. My mind was telling me keep her at distance but i senses are urging me to go to her. The tight skirt she wore on the first day we met was ridiculously clung to her body that it wreak havoc in my brain. I'm not a lecher to want a woman instantly after looking at her. But she... Is something.... Even the blue dress was so sexy. It's plain and simple but on her it looked super sexy.

I have ruined people lives who have dared to defy me. Even a simple glare has not been tolerated. But with her i can't bare to think any harm to come to her. When she look scared for a moment I want to drop the angry act and put my arms around her and tell her everything will be alright. I want to lay her head on my shoulders and kiss her forehead..

Woah! Where did that came from?

I feel protective about someone in years.. this is CRAZY... This is just plain old lust.. Maybe i should seduce her. After i slept with her I might be able to control this urges. Then she will look at me lovingly... That body sated with love and content with me after we made love...that lovely gaze only for me... to cherish... To relish... To enjoy..

I smirked thinking how much fun it's going to be....

Wait.. what if she already had a lover or a fiancee? I didn't see a ring but the very thought of it is so disturbing that I'll kill anyone who even dare to contemplate it... she is my girl.. my woman.. my lady.. mine...

It took me a moment to realize what i was doing.. i was appalled by the glass i just crushed by my hand!! I looked at the glass shocked.. This is impossible... I do work out but I'm not this strong! What just came over me?  Maybe the glass is not original. How can i crush it? This is bizarre... I did this when i thought about her.. What is she doing to me...

God.. what am I thinking? I can't seduce an employee.. that goes against everything i believe and stand for. Why do i feel she is mine? She cannot be mine.. i barely knew her. Just saw her 2 days ago.. There should be at least a date between us before i decide all this right? 

This is bad...