10| Delirium

Chapter 10: Delirium (Ace's POV)

The gunshots. The glass shattering. The clattering. Tables and chairs falling over. 

"You've got some nerve coming here, Chase," I laughed, ignoring the chaos behind me. 

His men, my men. There were punches being thrown everywhere, guns being pointed at everyone. But none of it mattered. He was right in front of me. One on one. About time. 

"Haven't I?" He nodded in agreement. "I do." He cocked the gun, pointing right at me. 

I nodded, pulling my own gun out, cocking it, and pointing right back at him. 

"One of us has to die tonight, right?" He has the audacity to ask me that. 

"At least you know it," I smirked. 

"You can kill me. It's only fair. But you should know, Ace... I have a secret," he laughed. "You'll never get away with it." He brought a witness. I couldn't afford to take my eyes off of him and look around. He would shoot me the second I turned away. 

"Who did you bring?" 

"Someone who can't be harmed. Because she doesn't know anything. It's the one rule of our business, isn't it? We don't kill the innocent." 

"But you still went ahead and killed—" 

"I did," he nodded. 

I let out a breath while grinding my teeth. I've had to see his face so many times. And I have an opportunity to kill him now. To get him back for what he did to me. I won't let this opportunity go. I will kill this bastard. He took something very important from me. The most important thing to him right now is that witness. And I can guarantee it's his little sister. 

"I can't decide if you're smart to bring your sister or incredibly twisted. Why are you involving her in a world she wants nothing to do with?" 

He sighed, scratching his temple with the gun. "She's my safety net, Ace. Blood is thicker than water. She'll fight for me." 

"You're dragging her to hell with you." 

"Why? Will you kill her too tonight?" He's daring me to do it. "Come on, you know better," he chuckled. "She truly is innocent." 

"I know that. That's why I'm not bothered about her. You on the other hand..." 

He lifted his arm and fired one shot at the ceiling. Then he tossed his gun at my feet. "It's only fair. Go ahead," he smiled. 

"It's only fair, you say? But you're about to paint me as a murderer." 

"You could just spare me. Then you won't be a murderer." 

"You're a murderer too, Chase. And you seem to be at peace. It can't be that bad," I shrugged, placing my index finger on the trigger but not pressing it just yet. 

"You'd like her," he said to me. He sounded genuine all of a sudden. 

"Who?" 

"Gianna," he mumbled. "If you end up having her, take care of her." 

I rolled my eyes. "Cut the bullshit. She's not part of this twisted world like us. The only thing connecting her to me is you. You brought her here, it's your fault." 

"I broke the rule, it's inevitable. You're going to kill me one day. Do it tonight. I'm mentally prepared. So do it." 

"But you still brought her here? So she can get traumatized and scarred for the rest of her life?"