~30

The next day, they've arrived in Trost District. 

Eren and Historia we're in another carriage while Marie and the rest of squad Levi we're walking around. Jean and Armin had disguised themselves as Eren and Historia to keep them safe.

"Try not to walk in a cluster, we'll stand out. Eren, Historia, just walk normally." Levi said but loud enough for bystanders to hear.

"Why is the royal family's flag hanging everywhere?" Connie questioned.

"Oh, Today must be the anniversary of the king's coronation. Once a year, they hand out a haul of rations." Sasha explained.

"I don't know why they like the king so much... He seems like a fake guy who doesn't give a fuck about his folk." Marie thought.

They walked past a crowd, and Marie saw that a man suspiciously walked away in the corner of her eye. She tried to read his energy and it was rather nervous but as if he found the people that he was looking for. 

Marie walked a bit forward to get Levi's attention. She could sense a carriage coming their way and wanted to alert him on that as well.

"Expect an enemy attack soon. A carriage is coming our way." Marie signed.

A couple of seconds later, Levi sensed the carriage as well and shouted for everyone to watch out.

The disguised Jean and Armin got snatched away since the enemy thought those were the real Eren and Historia. 

"Armi-- I mean... Christa and Eren! They got snatched away again!" Sasha shouted somewhat unsure.

Everyone knew what to do and followed the carriage. They got onto the rooftops and did their best to follow the carriage without getting noticed. Armin and Jean in disguise were brought to an old storage house. The people might be able to see through Armin's disguise. Mikasa felt bad for him and wanted to rescue him quickly.

"These people are nothing but amateurs... You can handle this. Marie and I will head for Eren. Once you've dealt with the trash, come to me." Levi said to Mikasa and they all stood up.

"There's one more thing I need to tell you. Tell Armin and the others too... Marie, you already know it."

"We're not only fighting against Titans anymore huh? Heh... Just like in the underground... human against human."

Levi and Marie flew off the roof towards where Eren was. They saw Nifa sitting on a roof who was spectating the scene. 

"We'll go there. Put on your hood." Levi said and Marie put on her hood as they landed next to Nifa.

"Captain, Marie." Nifa greeted them.

"Well?" Levi asked her.

"The road is crowded, but nothing unusual." 

Marie sat behind the pillar as she kept watch of the things behind them.

"Something is wrong... The Military wouldn't use such amateurs for this type of thing. Besides... That weird presence I felt yesterday is here too. It's still the same. Not a good person but also not evil."

Marie took a look at Levi and he was deep in thought. 

"I think he also realizes that something's wrong."

The wagon started moving again and Levi asked Nifa an unusual question.

"Nifa, Have you heard of Kenny the Ripper?"

Marie widened her eyes. She knew where Levi was going with this conversation.

"Kenny... Isabel and Levi told me about him. He was the person that found me and gave me to Isabel. He's also the person that took care of Levi for some time when he was a kid. All the things that Levi taught me came from him."

Nifa said that he was just an urban legend but Levi told her that he was real and that he lived with him for a while when he was a kid.

"Why would you say that? This isn't time to be making jokes." Nifa said with an akward smile.

Marie suddenly felt the unusual presence coming up on the rooftop and Levi noticed a second later.

"Nifa!" Levi shouted

Marie saw that the person was about to shoot so she got to the side of the pillar while simultaneously pulling Levi down by his cloak. 

Two shots we're fired by this person and Nifa's head got blown off and the hood of levi's cloak.

Marie and Levi widened their eyes but quickly got to the other side of the pillar for cover. They both grabbed their blades and looked at the now- dead Nifa.

"Yo, Levi. I see you've found your sister. Have you grown yet?" The person who Marie suspected that it was Kenny.

Kenny refilled his gun and shot himself in the air. He got in front of Marie and Levi with his guns pointed at them. Over fifteen people got out of their hiding place and surrounded them.

"Oh shit..."

"Oh- It looks like you haven't changed at all!" Kenny shouted.

"KENNY!" Levi shouted

Levi drew his blades and swung one at him.

Kenny deflected his blade by using his gun and fired two shots at them again.

Marie dodged it by going to the side and immediately off the rooftop.

Marie went the opposite way of Levi but there was no chance of getting back together since it would be even more dangerous with this many people. 

Marie saw the carriage with Eren and Historia in it but the carriage got taken over by the enemy and Marie got thrown out of the sky by the enemy who was reloading his gun. She got smacked to the ground in an alleyway but quickly got up and went one on one with the guy. Marie put her blades back and got her knife out of her holder since she's better with them if it comes to one vs one.

"Heh, you're dead meat with only a knife." The guy said as he fired two shots with his gun. 

Marie could feel that he got after her with the intent to kill so she got to the right side and used the wall next to her to dodge the shots and she charged at him.

"Don't talk before you've seen me." 

Marie wanted to stab him in one of his vital organs but his gear was protecting him so she punctured the knife into his neck, hitting one of the major arteries. 

She quickly put the knife back in its holster. Levi suddenly came into the same alleyway and yanked her off the ground.

"You okay?" He asked her.

Marie nodded while Levi still held her.

"Prepare yourself, we're about to hit a bar."

Levi and Marie flew through the door and they both landed on top of the bar.

"It's two people from the scouts! Including captain Levi... Welcome to our establishment!" The old bartender shouted in fear.

Marie sensed Kenny outside the bar and she was right.

"Ain't that the darnest thing! I smell two filthy rats coming from this bar... Come out you little rodents."

"Found ya!" Kenny said while he jumped into the bar. "Bang! Bang! huh? You two aren't here?"

"Right here, Kenny. It's been a while." Levi said and him and Marie had hid behind the bar.

"This fight is already dirty. If this keeps up... We might lose the squad and Eren and Historia too..."