6

"M-my name is Sunghoon." I said. Through dry from the intense looks of the boys. "I'm 18 and.....and that's all I can remember."

"Oh you poor thing." Sunoo said as he approached me, Jake moved back to the others as Sunoo studied my face. "Wow" Was all he said.

"What? Am I bleeding?" I asked.

He shook his head, as if coming out of some sort of daze. "No, sorry it's nothing." Ni-ki scoffed from the corner of the room as Jay started asking questions.

"What should we do with him? Maybe ask Jakes father?"

"No, you idiot!" Jungwon yelled, which the other seemed surprised by. "Jake, I mean no disrespect, but we've all heard the stories of your father. He is the most brutal kind I've ever heard of. He would kill him on the spot."

"Well we can't just let him go. If he is invading the kingdom, we can't let him leave incase he knows something." With that, the boys all stiffened and stared at me.

What were these six hiding? They said they only just met, but the tension between them is thick. I can feel it.

"How about we make him the prince's personal assistant for while we stay. That way we can keep a VERY close eye on him." Sunoo said, as he looked me up and down.

"That's not a half bad idea Sunoo. Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. We can just tell our parents he's a new hire. He can do all the jobs of a maid, and do anything else we need."

The boys all seemed in agreement, and they all stood and walked to the door. As I stood up, I saw the book. The strange book that led me here, except it looked brand new. The corner still had a 1778 carved into it, but it looked fresh. The book resembled a sort of diary.

I grabbed it as I walked to the boys.

"Okay Sunghoon, I will be telling my head maid that you are a new hire that should be trained immediately. You will be shown the castle, and taught everything you need to know to work for us" Jake said. "And incase you do try anything, I should warn you, there is always someone watching around here and my father won't be nearly as nice as we are."

My breath momentarily stopped. The threat did scare me, but what scared me even more was the way he looked at me. In this moment, he looked like a true king.