21

"That's….a lot you are asking of me." Jake said. "It's not that I don't agree, I don't think children should be forced to live this life and forced to train everyday to put money into someone else pocket, but I barley know anything about this place. I wouldn't know how to get people to trust me."

I didn't blame him, they were asking for a lot. A prince for the 1700s to come to 2021 and basically lead some weird revolution? I don't want this to stress him.

"Of course. Stay here and train with us, get to know the people around here. You too Sunghoon and Amara. You can train with our unit and you'll understand." Jungwon said.

The three of us nodded. There was still a lot we needed to process.

Jake and I headed back to his room for a bit, I wanted to help him through his thoughts. I know it's not my place, but I want to….support him. To be here for him.

"Is the future really this chaotic?" Jake asked me as he sat on the bed.

"Be glad we aren't in my universe." Was all I said as I lied down but kept my eyes on him.

He looked at me from his sitting position and slowly laid down and faced me. "You are beautiful." He said as if in a daze. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I didn't know prince Jake was a flirt." I joked. He scoffed at me.

"Here, I'm no prince. Not any more. I'm Jake, just Jake." A smile formed on his face. I could tell he wanted a life where he was just him.

Heeseung POV

The rest of the unit left the room, leaving just me and Amara. Before leaving, Ni-Ki whispered 'Don't mess up. You don't always get a second chance.' In my ear, which made me ten times more nervous.

I sat down and put my head in my hands. Did I mess this up? I must have made a mistake in bringing her here, I've been too impulsive. I barley know her, but when I look at her I- I just feel free. I don't feel like an agent anymore or the person that will take my fathers place. I just feel free.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly to Amara, the only one left in the room.

"You saved my life." She said. I looked up at her to see small tears in her eyes.

"If the people at the palace didn't kill me, it would have been my own parents. They….. they wanted me to work for Jake in hopes he would want to marry me. When that didn't happen, they told me if I ever came home I would regret it. I had a little brother, I once ran into him in the town's streets. His face contorted with anger, and he started chasing me. I don't know what they told him but-" 

I cut her off as I stood and pulled her into a hug. That moment just felt right, 2 broken souls looking for comfort. 

Regardless of what my father says, I feel something for her and I refuse to regret it.

Ni-Ki POV

"Can you and Sunoo go get Jake and Sunghoon? I think we should show them around." Jungwon said. We nodded and made our way to their room.

"Are you okay Ni-Ki?" Sunoo asked me in an empty hallway.

"Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind." I said. Sunoo and I have known each other for years. We trained together every day, laughed together, he was always a bright sunshine in our unit.

However, the past 6 months with him have been weird. When I came out to my unit as gay 6 months ago, there didn't seem to be any problems. Soon however, Sunoo became hesitant with me. It was weird, we had always been so close, so close to the point where I started to feel things for him.

I didn't want to push him or tell him of my feelings, inside I hope he felt the same for me and just didn't know how to come to terms with it. I promised myself I'd wait for him, but I can't lie and pretend that it doesn't hurt when I see the way he looks at Sunghoon.

I know Sunoo was trying to blend into his role as a prince, but he got very close to kissing Sunghoon. That was unnecessary and…..and it was just wrong.

Why would he want to look at someone else when I look at him with hearts in my eyes? Is there something wrong with me? I might not have Sunghoons beauty, but I hold my own charms. Why doesn't he look at me the way he looks at him?

"Sunoo." I said as I stopped walking. He turned around and looked up at Ms with his eyes. Gosh his beautiful eyes.

"Yes Ni-Ki?" He said.

"What's going on with you and Sunghoon." I said, choosing my words carefully. "You guys seem close."

"Nothing, nothing is going on. When we first met him, I did find him charming, but it is clear to me that he is in love with Jake. It's something about his eyes when he looks at him, you know."

"Yes." I replied, but I wish I could ask why he didn't see the same thing in my eyes when I look at him.

Sunghoon POV
I'm sorry for all the pov changes

Jake and I layed on the bed looking at each other for a while. At one point I lifted my hand to move a hair from his face. He just smiled at me. It was only a smirk but I could feel a small blush on my face.

"Hey Sunghoon." Jake said.

"Yes?"

"Did you know that when you blush, your ears turn red?" He said. My eyes instantly grew and I used my hands to cover my ears. My blush got even worse as Jake just giggles at me and sat up from the bed.

How can the smallest things he says make my heart beat a thousand times a minute?

Okay yall, I'm thinking this story needs a new cover. If someone wants to make one I would LOVE THAT or if someone wants to help with it or something just comment here and I can reach out to you :)