Part 27- A Secret Lover

Adalina's POV.

I was outside of the company sitting on a banch. There was a bunch of trees behind me. The air was just perfect, it made me calm down and breathe fresh air.

He...almost died.

It's always hard for me to accept the unwanted truth.

Why would Ember do this to me? And him?

Why would she give me a muffin saying it was his favourite? Did she knew he was allergic?

I'm not ready to face her and mostly not ready to face Aslan. I don't know what to tell him.

He won't blame me...will he? No, I don't think he will.

"Hey!" I saw Jake coming my way.

What is he doing here?

"Oh...hey" I said.

He came to me and sat beside me.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned.

Why does he care?

"Yeah I'm fine..."

"I heard what happened earlier, it's okay...mistakes happens don't blame yourself" he said.

"Yeah, thanks" I don't know if I should trust this guy.

"Here" he was giving me his unopened water bottle.

"Oh no, it's fine I-"

"Just take it, I want you to have it" he said.

Fine.

"Alright, thanks"

"You haven't texted me at all for a while now, I guess you really know what you're doing" he said.

"Yeah, I'm all good" I confirmed.

"Cool, come back inside when you feel better Aslan is waiting for you" he said getting up as I stopped him from walking back in.

"He's waiting for me?" I asked him.

What if I get fired?!

"Yeah, he asked me to look for you as I was passing by" he said.

"Oh I see...can you...tell him I'm not feeling so well" I actually feel like throwing the food I had this morning for some reason. I mean I could still go and see him but like I said, I hate facing the truth.

"Sure...are you going to take the rest of the day off?" he proceeded to ask.

"No, I'll just...go get some medicine and then I'll be back" I lied.

"Okay, I'll let him know see ya" he said before going back in.

Thank god, he didn't keep asking questions.

Now, I actually have to leave or else I'll get caught.

I'll just walk around near the company. I won't go too far just in case I get lost.

I got up and started walking away. I couldn't help myself from looking at the water bottle Jake just gave me and wonder, is he really a nice person or is he mysterious like Ember?

My phone suddenly buzzed as I checked. It was from the company.

-Grand Opening for our new product next week. All employees are welcomed. Fancy night and wine? At your service. Looking forward to see you there.