Nine

I woke up to bright lights, my eyes squinting as I looked through the room-- the open blinds almost blinding me as I groaned, pushing myself up from the bed

I woke up to bright lights, my eyes squinting as I looked through the room-- the open blinds almost blinding me as I groaned, pushing myself up from the bed. As my vision began to clear, so did my memory, and my eyes widened just as I looked to the side of me to see Sebastian's side bare.

I frowned. Where did he go?

I recalled everything that happened last night, my first ever heat. I remember edging myself away from borderline begging Sebastian to entice me, all I could feel for him last night was pure lust and desire-- I could feel myself cringing at the memory that I wanted to erase for my mind.

Never had I been so eager.

Huffing, I finally pushed myself to the side of the bed, sitting on the edge, and looked around the empty room.

Momentarily, I sniffed the air and I could still smell Sebastian's woodsy scent, the musk and lavender mixing into each other perfectly. My wolf let out a sigh of content within me and I immediately felt at ease sitting on the wrinkled sheets.

Before I could move off the bed, the door slowly edged open and my eyes snapped open to the doorway-- Sebastian slowly walked in, moving the door with his back and he held something in his hands.

When he turned around, I realized that he was holding a plate of food and he looked up to finally met my eyes, his eyes squinted slightly as he smiled down at me.

"Oh, you're awake." He spoke up, kicking the door behind him close with his foot and making his way towards me.

"What's that?" Sebastian chuckled, putting the tray beside me on the bed and sitting close to me.

"Breakfast," My eyes widened slightly and I felt my interior basically soften for him. He made me breakfast?

I looked down at the plate and noticed an entire tray of breakfast foods ready to be devoured. I could feel myself almost drooling as my eyes flickered between the bacon, the scrambled eggs piled on the side, the hashbrowns that were the perfect amount of crispy.

He was some kind of chef, I just hoped it tasted as great as it looked.

"You made me breakfast?" I asked, my brows furrowing as I looked back up at him, and I watched his eyes slightly soften as a smile slipped onto his face before he let out a light breathy chuckle.

"Of course I made you breakfast," He reached over and caressed my chin for a moment, his thumb grazing it lightly. I could sense just how hard this was for him, not to give in to his desires-- he knew that it would be too complicated at this moment, and that fact only made me feel warm inside.

I leaned into his touch while he continued to speak. "You had a rough night yesterday, going through heat for the first time and all," He trailed away, his eyes darkening for a second as his eyes flickered down to my body before snapping back up to my eyes. I watched him intensely as he gulped, noticing as his Adam's apple jolted.