33

"Your black tea, sir."

It's just another day in the Ackerman Company. With a graceful motion, the loyal secretary placed down a tray of exclusive black tea before the vice president, who's reviewing his schedule with a tablet.

'He really meant it when he said he'll switch from papers to tablets..'

"Ms. (L/n)." He spoke, eyes not leaving the device in his grasp.

"Yes sir ?"

"In the other day, did you say the dinner with the CEO of Garrison was tonight ?"

(Y/n) gives him a firm nod, smiling, "yes sir, at 6 P.M."

"It looks like the CEO has something to say to me, so no need to accompany me for tonight. I'll just have Mr. Braun drive me there alone." The man glances up to meet his secretary.

She nods again, "Alright, then I'll-"

"What about 8 P.M ?"

Her eyebrows rise a little, a bit taken back by his question, "Pardon ?" Levi can clearly sense and see the confusion in (Y/n).

"Let's have a glass of wine, Ms. (L/n). Since I have something to say."

"...Something to say..? Then why not just say it here sir ? If this is about my resignation I can-"

Levi glared at her.

"Okay.." (Y/n) sighs in defeat, "then I'll book a hotel lounge that we recently acquired to... discuss whatever you want to talk about. Oh, You can also check it out on the way-"

"No."

"H-huh ?"

Her boss slicks his hair back, "I already booked elsewhere. I'll send you the address, don't be late."

"P-pardon me sir, you made a reservation by yourself..?"

It's not normal for Levi Ackerman to do something by himself. The man has people to do everything for him, even the smallest things such as booking a place or making a reservation. That's why (Y/n) was quite.. surprised.

"Got a problem with that, brat ? You think I'm not independent enough ?" He scoffed.

"Ah, of course not, Mr. Ackerman."

"That's what I thought.." Levi returns his gaze to the tablet, "now you're dismissed."

-------------- Later--------------

With a not-so-confident face, (Y/n) struts through the entrance of the hotel that Levi told her to go to. She can't help but feel anxious about what he might want to talk about to the point he refused to tell it in his office.

Is it about her quitting ?

Is it about the book concert ?

Is it about her bad working performance ?

And of course, she's not in her boring office blouse anymore. She's already clad in a proper dress that took about an hour to choose, since she's fully aware that her boss' standard in everything is high. And that doesn't exclude fashion. (Y/n) chose to wear a decent dress considering that she'll have an important talk.