42

"Eh ? It wasn't Levi, but Zeke ??"

(Y/n) nods, "yes. The boy I was looking for was Zeke."

"...."

Just before (Y/n) was about to ask something, Hanji beat her into it, "are you disappointed ?"

"H-huh ?" The secretary leans back in a perplexed manner, "what do you mean..?"

"Well, you found this person but you look somewhat disappointed to learn that it wasn't Levi." Hanji pointed out.

"No, it's not like that ahahah.." (Y/n) laughs nervously while scratching her nape, "anyway, I thought I should let you know to get the facts right, so please pretend you haven't heard anything, Hanji."

The crazy researcher gives her a thumbs up, "mhm. Leave it to me."

As soon as (Y/n) disappears from her private office, Hanji receives a call from a certain someone, "Hello ?"

"What, lunch today ? Sorry hun, I can't- Yeah, that morning meeting may run into lunch. And I hate to reschedule everything so you can just have your lunch with shorty. Alright, thanks. Bye Erwin !"

She ended the call with Erwin, sighing, "now where are those files for..." Hanji adjusts her glasses, searching around her desk and drawer for some important documents needed for her upcoming meeting, "Moblit ??" She called out to her secretary.

No reply..

"Moblit ?"

Still nothing..

"Damn it.. MOBLIT BERNER !!! WHERE DID YOU PUT MY FILES ??"

Meanwhile..

At the present time, a male secretary already makes himself comfortable in the planning division team room by chilling and sipping a cup of coffee, "Ugh, I'm so tired. I really want to sleep in tomorrow. Mrs. Smith has been making me work to no end.." he groans.

"I know right ? A workshop on the weekend, are you kidding me ?" Jean added.

Armin smiles tiredly, "but we need to hold one every year at least for team building. Plus, there's the Art Center. Mr. Ackerman's particular about that project. So if we show him that we're always thinking about it too, I really think that would make him quite pleased."

His small speech earns groans of disagreement from almost everyone in the room.

"Well," Connie strokes his bald head, "just put down something along the lines of that in our schedule and let's just enjoy the fresh air, and maybe get some drink too !"

Several people start to cheer up upon Connie's ideas.

"Let's just think of it as a relaxing excursion."

"That drink would taste so sweet with a nice view though.." Moblit sighs, "man, I want to go too. Let's escape this hell together even if it's just for a while."

"Duh, you're obviously coming with us." Connie and Jean send the tired man a grin.

He shot up from his seat, "Eh ??? Really ? But what about Mrs. Smi-"

"Just let that crazy woman suffer HAHAHAH," the food lover brunette in a ponytail cackled, "I'll buy the meat and get us drinks too !! My friend, Niccolo, would usually give me free food from his restaurant. So leave it to me !" She jabbed her thumb to her chest proudly.