39❦

39

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

Blake has his second to last fight of the season tonight. The next one he fights Conway, I'm nervous for him.

I have no doubt that Blake can win, I'm just worried that Conway will fight dirty. Blake has been training extra hard in the gym lately, I'm still going with him and I eventually convinced him to train me again.

It took a lot for him to let me step back in that ring.

The days after he accidentally hit me were strange. He got even more protective over me, I could see the way the guilt weighed him down.

Not an ounce of me blamed him for what happened, but no matter how many times I told him that he still felt at fault.

I keep my time in the ring to a minimum so I don't stress him out too much. He only ended up agreeing because I asked Ace to teach me when Blake kept shooting me down.

Isaiah comes with us now too, it's still a little tense between the guys and him, but it's slowly getting back to normal.

When Blake finally let him come over, he came to the house with a huge bouquet of flowers.

His apology to me was sweet and sincere. And it pains me to say it, but even though I've accepted his apology, the relationship between us has changed.

Before that moment I never thought that Isaiah would put me in a situation like he did, I understand that he was hurting, but now things are just different.

Nothing he says can change that he left me alone at a party full of people I didn't know, especially when he knew that I don't do well with crowds. That sense of protection and trust I had for him will never be as solid as it once was.

I'm glad he's back though, I did miss him a lot.

"What's your favorite color?" Blake asks from the seat next to me on the couch as we eat some snacks.

My face must have given away how confused I was. Blake smiles the smile that makes me feel faint. "We kinda skipped past the whole get to know each other small talk stuff. I stranded you on a roof then found out you were homeless. I know a lot about you but not things like this. I want to know the little things about you too." His words release butterflies in my stomach.

"Blue." I grin. "But not dark ones like navy or light ones like baby blue. I like ocean blue and ones close to that color." I don't hate the other shades of blue, they just don't hit the same ocean blue does.

"What about you?" I don't know many of the small things about him either. Too many huge, life threatening, and dramatic things have taken place since before we officially met.

"Green, like the color of your eyes." He says smoothly.

I curse out my cheeks and their inability to stay cool when he says stuff like that.

"Favorite animal?" He adds.

"Secret, I can tell you my second favorite animal though." I grin when a look of confusion covers his face.

"Your favorite animal is a secret?" Skepticism is thick in his voice.

"Yeah." For no specific reason earlier, I just have always kept it to myself. I think I just like to have a very basic piece of information about me to myself.

"Ok, I respect that. But now this seems like a challenge."

"You won't figure it out."

"Great, now it really seems like a challenge." He mumbles.